This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HF can kiss my....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 11:10am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Ted she'd of prolly broke during first use. Wink

LOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:45pm
Shameless, your check issue aside(I must admit that's an odd one), do you or any of the other posters put Menards "quality/pricing shenangiguns" better than H/F ?? BTW, I go into BOTH places with green cash to avoid getting behind someone that has issues with check/card. I know it's not you,just been "my" experience(had a quart of ice cream melt while the person ahead of me made the cashier run their card 5 times- they ended up leaving with nothing). I also don't mess around with the H/F coupons, to "me" it's not worth the hassel, IMO,their prices are cheap enough.  BTW, to anyone "in-the-know", does Snap-On,Cornwell, etc. offer coupons?? Like I said, your right about the check deal, hope you can update with your outcome on that.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by injpumpEd injpumpEd wrote:

Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Latest 20% standard coupon exclusions

This 20% off is pretty standard and easy to get at their web site.

So can buy any item, except anything worth while, since all the brands/products exempt are about the only things most would want anyway lol!

Yep...I asked about that when I wanted to buy a Central Machinery lathe, because I'd never seen all those exclusions before...the store clerk I talked to said they added a lot of stuff to the exclusion list about 3 months ago, so I needed to see if I could find an old coupon. Didn't have any as luck would have it. 
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 11:30pm
I have a tenant that says he's never used a coupon. Doesn't want the hassle. Then again he makes $1500+ a week driving truck. I wouldn't want the hassle of the hours he works.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:16am
hmm, I'm wondering just WAHT you could buy with that coupon  !

probably not worth the paper it's printed on ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 2:34am
now...today i'm putting the HF cabinet I got...together...find out it's missing an internal divider piece. doors can't be mounted without that piece. I see a number to call if this has happened, I call it and they are closed, said to call back before 2:30 PM. PfffffT! that's after I hafta press a bunch of buttons on the phone directing me to where I think I needed to go!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 9:05am
Yep, when it rains it pours, standard operating procedure. The part will take 4 to 6 weeks to get here from China. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 09 Jan 2020 at 9:05am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 9:22am

Hey Shameless,,,,,,,well,,what you taught me,,,,,,,,,,,,Wink,,,, was to take it back to the store,,,,THROW the whole friggin thing on the floor,,,,,,,Wink,,,,,and,,,,, and MAKE them give you another one,,,!!!!! Mention that your Good Buddy in New Mexico actually KNOWS one of the VP's ,,,AND the owner ,,,,,,,thet should do it,,,,,,,Good Luck,,,!!!
 You can thank me later,,,ClapClap
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 11:17am
I had the missing parts problem on my shop press, took the whole mess back to the store, manager lady opened another box and gave me the parts I needed for mine and says "sorry " you had to make another trip! The stores really don't have any control over missing parts and missing parts seams to be a BIG problem. ---Shameless,--take it back, talk to the manager,--NOT clerks, about it. They should fix you up without any BS!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 7:34pm

UMMMmmmmm,,hey AC,,,what store did you say that was,,,,,so all us fine people don't go to thet store and buy the same item and get "YOUR" return with the missing part,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOLLOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:25pm
I would take it back, but it's a 70 mile trek to the store, if I gotta go back to that city for something else, i'll take it back then if I can't get satisfaction off the phone. the big tool box I bought from there, I gotta put the wheels on it. got it tipped back, the wheels on and now I ain't strong nuff to tip the box back upright on its wheels. PffffT! that's one heavy sucker! guess i'll hafta go to town and find a dude with a strong back and weak mind to help me!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:30pm
oh...and I don't get excited with Menards coupons, I do watch their ads off and on, but when I need something, I just go buy it. it'll be the same way at HF from now on too. PfffffT!
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:54am
Shameless,  do you have and engine hoist?
Put a strap around the box and lift the box with the engine hoist.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:31pm
yeah Clay...I gots an engine hoist, brand new ina box in my big shop. to get it inside my cook shack would be...well it would really suck! plus they don't roll well on dirt.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:37pm
called HF in Ca today, was on hold about 17 minutes when I finally heard a females voice come on, I asked her if she was a real live person? I musta heard 25 or more ads of theirs while waiting. anyways...after explaining it all to her she says they don't have extra parts for that cabinet, and I should return it to the store where I bought it, said they might have a damaged cabinet there I can get the part I need or just exchange it for a different cabinet. I then called the store where I bought this one, told person there all about it and told them what corp. said. she said to bring it back and exchange it, I called them because i wanted to be sure they had another cabinet, they did and she said she'd hold it for me. I also asked if they would open up the boxes to make sure everything was there before I left, they said they would do that! sooooo...we'll see...
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:54pm
Sheesh!!  I only have to go about 5 miles to our HF and I hate to do it......even with all the free junk they give away.  I have the handle of a 3 ton floor jack that the end came out of and I just need that.  Nope, bring the whole thing in, we'll exchange it.  So,,,,,,,,,,all the way to the farm and bring the darn thing back.  Pfffftt.

I don't even bother shopping Menard's any more.  I get better quality and I get the sale price and don't have to go through that 11% crap.  I told my buddy about it, he's a district manager, and told him because of that crap I won't shop there anymore.  If they gave me the 11% right now, I'd come back.  Used to be one of my favorite stores.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:25pm
o-k...so I got the exchange and checked out if all the pieces were there. they were and off to home I go...AGAIN! started putting it together about 3 PM today, got it finished about 9 PM...that was a SUCKER to put together! PfffffT! it is a lot move solid with the 1/4 in bolts I bought to put it together with. but trying to put the doors on was the bummer! they have studs to go in holes top and bottom, and the top and bottom panels hold the doors on. try to hold (in line), pound, and hold the top cover down to put the bolts in all at the same time....PffffT! now I find there are no holes for the mounting brackets to bolt to, gonna hafta measure out and drill (self tapping screws) into it to hang it, I see i'll also hafta mount a bumper board to the wall at the bottom of the cabinet. I really should have a chat with the designer of this cabinet!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 3:57am
Is this cabinet the new Yukon 46" mobile with wood top one? A nice looking unit.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:11pm
Old gal bought a green house several years ago. It took me a couple of years or more to get around to putting it together. Parts were missing. I went back to H.F. and talked to the manager. She took an employee out to the back warehouse and opened up a new unit. She gave me everything I needed out of that box. I told her I did not want to get her in trouble with corporate. She said they would repackage the box they opened, send it back as missing parts. It must happen somewhat often.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:44pm
no Chas...I looked at that one, but didn't think it would fit my needs, yes it is a nice looking cabinet. this hanging one is a US General brand, all black, 3 doors with locks. the old lady....ooooops...I mean the loving wife likes this one too, she says I should buy more of them and hang them clear across the back wall (18 ft side), told her she could put the $%&#*$^@ together then! lol
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 7:14am
Yes that was a good call, as you've got to much cookin comin up for those honey do kind of things.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 8:56pm
Your's must me handier than mine buddy cause there's NO WAY my wife could put one of those together!!!!!  You've got yourself a wonderful gal there!!  Lucky.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic