This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Could this be an idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could this be an idea
    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:13pm
Hello all
What do you think.
I came up with this after doing hay near a highway and seeing what ends up in the hay bales. I kinda thought of somehow putting in as a news paper ad of some sort, do you have any input or ideas. This is just a rough idea.
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:22pm
I totally agree with your feelings, but seriously, don't waste your time.  Those people will never change.  They are ignorant of the world around them, and are only concerned with themselves.  That was one thing I liked about paper grocery bags.  I could put one behind the passenger seat and just drop whatever I had into it. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
I completely understand your thoughts , but in my opinion- nobody will care or change and it will probably make it worse
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm
I pick up cans, cups, bags of trash along our property frontage all the time, they do not care, actually wrote a license number down called sheriff office, they do not care, not enough officers or time to handle, suggested I do a license number search get their address and confront them was best they would offer.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:58pm
Who says they even read? For almost 50 years, someone that drives by one of the farms tosses Old Milwaukee cans at the same spot on the road. Almost a daily thing, always the same spot, and only that brand. I've never been able to find out who it is. Suddenly about 2 months ago it stopped, I'm thinking I should look through the local obituaries, that might give me a clue who it was lol.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:01pm
Then they get a restraining order that your stalking them. It's on your record forever and a day. It's the same here in the cities, especially near stop signs. Pinch
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Yep, it is an idea but unfortunately what is said above is probably the facts.  You could maybe ask a local group to do a cleanup once in a while and give them some advertizing that they are doing a good thing for the community...

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
Asked the local paper if they would run the License number and car make in a article they said NO, said take it to the police where I told them what I was told and they agreed, as if the police will not get involved the paper cannot either. Tried to put on FB, was up not even an hour and was notified was taken down as "Too Personal and attack". Was blocked for a week.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:07pm
I have a neighbor who pitched an empty beer can out the window in exactly the same spot a half mile down the road of me, every day for three years.  Not the most amicable fellow, and not inclined to talk nicely to anyone for any reason, ever.

Two other neighbors and I put a plastic garbage can alongside the spot, with two drive-in stake posts, painted PLEASE PUT BEER CANS HERE!  The county maintenance crewman complained about the trashcan, but noticed there was no cans in the bucket, and a hundred cans or so stuck in his flail...  took a bunch of pictures of the plugged-up machine, those pictures ended up on the local constable's desk, with a kind request to investigate the incessant littering... so they did, and they set up their own camera, and a speed detection unit...

And it doesn't happen anymore...Wink
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:32pm
Whenever I find a pile of trash, on our property, I always look through it, and see if there's an envelope or magazine, with an address on it.  Then I call the local cops, to get them to contact the litterbug. So far, its worked pretty good.  There was a half a pickup load dumped, once, I irrigated that pile of trash with my bladder, fer a coupla weeks, afore calling the cops in, and the bug had a nice hot day to pick it up!

As for the individual litter, along the hiway, I made a bracket on alla my mowers, that holds an E-Z reacher tool, that I use to pick up that stuff, and deposit into 2 piles, at either end of the frontage...Wink

[TUBE]Ia8i1_a5XZ4[/TUBE]

I won't buy from gemplers, though, I use a local lawn mower dealer that stocks them...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:44pm
We have found we have a lot less trash to pickup if we keep the road side mowed. We have nearly a mile of road side to keep mowed. Probably cut our trash by 75 percent from when we didn’t mow.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:54pm
So wish that the case here, seems it makes it easier for our friends to throw their Sh1t to well groomed ditches. Picked up 13 cans and plastic or Styrofoam cups last week of mowing, started tying a trash bag on the mower ROPS.

One neighbor has a Loose dog, has always had a Loose Dog, one used to follow me around as if wanted to stay HERE, cute little guy. Car stopped picked him up and was gone never to be seen again, numerous others he has had became bumper hits. New neighbor up the hill gonna have Sheep, 250 of them, that dog molests or torments the sheep it will not survive.

Considered collecting what I know is one persons trash and bagging for a year to drop in their own yard, likely end up in jail if do so.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:32pm

Well,,since my place is on the East side of  a major highway,,,I get to collect all the trash cans, boxes, food bags, Beer cans and bottles,,you name it,,,, I used to pull a small 2 wheel trailer behind my rider mower while I was mowing the friggin weeds between the fence and the highway cause the State Highway Dept can't ever get to it til them friggin weeds becomes a friggin fire hazard,,,!!! "Someone seen me and turned me in and the State boys came to tell me that I was "Trespassing" on State property and to NOT be cutting no more weeds there,,!! 0 I keep complaining to Highway bout all the fires that mysteriously start "BY Themselves"  How the he** do them Highway fires start anyway,,?? The Sheriff's dept do not even investigate these anymore. My neighbor south of me lost his 30X50 shop, his boat, his RV and his well house to one of these roadside fires that got plumb out of control on a WINDY day,,,,,  
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

I pick up cans, cups, bags of trash along our property frontage all the time, they do not care, actually wrote a license number down called sheriff office, they do not care, not enough officers or time to handle, suggested I do a license number search get their address and confront them was best they would offer.

Don't know about Mo, but here in Pa that info is not available to the public
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,since my place is on the East side of  a major highway,,,I get to collect all the trash cans, boxes, food bags, Beer cans and bottles,,you name it,,,, I used to pull a small 2 wheel trailer behind my rider mower while I was mowing the friggin weeds between the fence and the highway cause the State Highway Dept can't ever get to it til them friggin weeds becomes a friggin fire hazard,,,!!! "Someone seen me and turned me in and the State boys came to tell me that I was "Trespassing" on State property and to NOT be cutting no more weeds there,,!! 0 I keep complaining to Highway bout all the fires that mysteriously start "BY Themselves"  How the he** do them Highway fires start anyway,,?? The Sheriff's dept do not even investigate these anymore. My neighbor south of me lost his 30X50 shop, his boat, his RV and his well house to one of these roadside fires that got plumb out of control on a WINDY day,,,,,  

Joe, what was the reasoning for stopping you from mowing? did they fear you might start a fire with your mower? why would they care, otherwise?
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by TimCNY TimCNY wrote:

Who says they even read? For almost 50 years, someone that drives by one of the farms tosses Old Milwaukee cans at the same spot on the road. Almost a daily thing, always the same spot, and only that brand. I've never been able to find out who it is. Suddenly about 2 months ago it stopped, I'm thinking I should look through the local obituaries, that might give me a clue who it was lol.
obit's or the culprit was incrassated, or hospitalized
Wait for the Lord;
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:14pm
Or maybe the guy retired.
I find a small plastic vodka bottle along a couple hundred feet of county road fairly often, suspect it's an employee of the water treatment plant about a mile away.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:17am
Well, you'll NEVER teach STUPIDS... better to setup some snowfence along your property line, that'd keep the trash from getting into the hay field.
When the fence gets full of ugly, call the city/county and complain THEIR property is trashy !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:34am

What the State Boys told me was that the fence on the west side of my property belongs to the State and I CANNOT be cutting weeds between it and the highway,,,Most years there are several roadside fires and since I am on the downwind side of the highway,,,my place is in danger from those roadside fires and I told them since they cannot seem to find time to cut THEIR WEEDS on THEIR side of THEIR fence is why I was mowing them for them,,!! They were very emphatic bout their warnings.They also told me I was putting myself in danger from traffic going 65 MPH just feet away,,,I told that AH,,their little old fence was NOT going to stop a runaway trk even if I was on MY side of THEIR fence,,!!

I really believe those roadside fires are intentially set as there are so dang many of them each spring and even worse they are NOT investigated any more.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:59am
Here in Ohio they have clubs pickup trash along the highways on state routes, you will see signs that the state puts up tell which group is keep that stretch of highway clean.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:05am
Easement is maintained by state here but still belongs to private property owner, can mow as we please here and I regularly do as did not care for the twice annual weed knock down. Fires likely from idjits flippin Cig Butts out the window, hot wind swept tobacco coal sets fire to the grass, see that a lot in mid summer on MO Interstates medians. Was on Volunteer FF force once where was putting out one of those, Trooper was calling the Fire 'Brake Spark started' for his report as a Butt buzzed past his head and started ANOTHER grass fire just ahead of where we were standing, my Comment: "Big Flying Brake Sparks around here" he scoffed a huff at me and walked away as we put that one out.

Makes it worse with newer cars, ash trays are GONE, no place for a smoker to dispose except Out the Window.

Edited by DMiller - 02 Jan 2020 at 8:06am
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:13am
desertjoe, they'll never know if you spray herbicide on those weeds... "Dunno, tweren't ME!" Can't prove a thing, AND you have no more weed problem to deal with, not to mention no more getting paid a visit by the Gestap - oh, can't use that word? - er, "officials."
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:06pm
Spray 'em dead, then they REALLY become a hazard to cig butts...

I don't have issues with ditch fires here, but neighbor and I have tall perrennial decorative grasses along our ditches to reduce road dust and control snow.  Every spring, we burn off the dead grasses, and the result is green everything, which is very fire retardant.

The fires I DO worry about, is when beans and corn turn in the fall.  The farmer who leases the field to my west had a combine melt down, and prevailing winds carried through that field PDQ.  Fortunately, his wife blasted over at mach 2 with the articulated tractor and a chisel, and made two passes along the property line, and three around the smoldering remains.  I don't think he lost a huge amount of soybean yield, but they called in help to clear the rest of the field, and had to wait 'till January, when ground was solid enough to get the remains extracted.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic