This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

d 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: d 15
    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:05am
how do i adj. my power divider so it wont creep in neutral ?
Sponsored Links

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:09am
You warm up the oil and then live with it.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:12am
on the 'big stick', there's some wahsers on both front and back of it. take 1 off one side and put on the other, see what happens.
All of my D-14s creep, less when warm tough. I figure it's 'drag' in the clutch packs and I ain't going to live long enough to tera them apart for a wee bit of creep !!!
I have wondered if 'flushing' them with spray 'brake cleaner' might help,but you'd have to be careful about cleanup afterwards. Pack rags around the packs then spray ?

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:15am
The Power Director clutch runs in oil and naturally will creep when the oil is COLD. What is cold?? The oil is warm when you can't hold your hand on the Power Director housing under the instrument panel. Now, all that being said, there is a neutral gate for the button on top of your hand lever. Neutral should be halfway between LOW and HIGH ranges. I suppose it could be out of adjustment and a 9/16 wrench will take care of that. I doubt that there is anything wrong. You could change the oil in the Power Director and go to  modern hydraulic/transmission oil which may be lighter than what is in it now. Takes 2+ gallons and probably hasn't been changed in 40 years or more.
bleeds orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 4:30pm
My d15 wants to nudge ahead as I try to start it. If the clutch is in it doesn't do it. Plus when running clutch disengaged kinda sounds like it has a load on it and wants to creep slightly, but with clutch engaged it is fine.
Thanks cory
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:09pm
Our D15 has done it since it was new. As said above, once the oil warms up it’s fine.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:18pm
Ok. I have rear pto housing off all fluids drained and shift fork hosing off transmission in neutral and power director in neutral and it wants to nudge ahead a little as I try to start it
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
Change fluids , fill with modern universal hydro fluid like doc says . Much better than what they had when these tractors were new . Go bale a few thousand round bales with an AC round baler . All that stopping and going will clean those clutch discs up and she wont creep .
On our farm growing up we had 2 d-17s and a d-19 . All 3 were used often and not one of them creeped in neutral. Later in life as I was looking for a D series to buy , I noticed every one of them would creep when test driving . Most people think something is out of adjustment but I believe part of the discs rust or corrode where they are not submerged . This causes them to catch or grab when they should be slipping .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:55pm
Ok thanks.

This tractor has been sitting it was seized up.

Just didnt want to button it up if it was something need fixing.

I will update the fluids.
Thanks cory
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 8:15pm
Have no idea how it could creep with the trans in neutral.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 7:46am
^----- This; the transmission is behind the torque tube, and even if the power divider (or even hand clutch in other models?) was engaging, when the transmission is in neutral what system is supplying the forward motion?

Edited by TimCNY - 06 Jan 2020 at 7:47am
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:14am

From the friction of the four lower gears on their bushings on the pinion shaft. Put oil in everything and forget about it.  Same thing can occur in the Wintertime with trans in neutral and very cold trans oil.

TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:50am
oops, again, thanks doc!
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
Back to the top !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic