This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ready to work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALW_HD5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ready to work
    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:22am
I picked up this HD5 a few months ago. I was in pretty rough shape. After a lot of clean up and figuring things out it is running good. I just added this grapple bucket. Just need to finish the hydraulic hook up. Can't wait to give it a try!I've got about 10 acres of overgrown land to clear. https://photos.app.goo.gl/SXpny2ZrbMD5fxcP6
Sponsored Links

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 2:23pm
HD3
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 2:23pm
Nice
HD3
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:56pm
That  will  work  real  good  to keep  soil  out  of  the  burn pile ..                Tony 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:58pm
Wow that is nice
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 12:48pm
See a extra lever on the right side by battery box - is that a 3rd valve ?
Wondering how you are powering the supply for the grapple part of bucket ?
Do you have the hood or is that missing ?
Notice the ripper on rear so that must be the other valve I seen but still wonder how they split the hydraulic supply as HD 5 valve body doesn't lend itself to another tap for power beyond .

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 24 Dec 2019 at 12:50pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:05pm
Yes...I concur very very nice!....could you share with us the manufacturer and model of the unit? Looks very applicable to HD6Gs...HD7Gs (OH...DAVE...are you there.) When you get all that 7G transmission done and get current...maybe you could pick up one of these units....do the fabrication and design..document with pictures...and forward that to us...would love to have one of those for our 7G...LOL.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 6:53am
May have to be a tad bit heavier for the 7G, with the break out force we can generate I do not think Skid Loader quick attach would last long!!
ALW_HD5 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALW_HD5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 10:57am
It's an interesting valve set up. Looks like it has switching capability. There are two levers, one to raise and lower and one to tilt the bucket. There is then a knob to switch over the tilt lever to a new circuit. Looks like that is how the ripper was raised and lowered. I'm going to try using that circuit to open and close the grapple. Here is a link to a few pictures of the valve. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo2CyRKHDj1NV1qu9

Got the hood, just have it off while I'm running the new lines. 

By the way, I appreciate all of the information you have posted. It was a huge help in figuring out how to get this machine up and running. 
ALW_HD5 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALW_HD5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 11:02am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 12:12pm
Been REALLY Tempted to Hack up that Ulrich MP Bucket I have as is TOO Heavy to use as it is and make a Grapple of it. Can leave the Dozer style Blade of it, perhaps add a Set of Pin On Forks similar to TLB but likely just establish a Grapple off the existing Clam cylinder assemblies.

Can remove close to a Ton to ton and a half off the existing assembly.
ALW_HD5 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALW_HD5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 9:17am
The grapple looks very much like the one I picked up for my Bobcat Skidsteer 855 turbo. It was a Quick Attach and the model on mine was an Eagle Talon. Doesn't have the digging teeth on it but man does it do the job. Back raking, picking borders, concrete slabs. Only limitation I have is my Skidsteer is only rated for 1500#'s. Nice tractor and set up.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:07am
So they are using a diverter valve on the tilt cylinder circuit to control the grapple - son has made some attachments and used a electric control valve to divert oil supply - so a push button instead of mechanical diversion of oil supply . 
 Have been thinking of having him fabricate a quick attach for my 715B or the HD5G to use a grapple bucket or forks but since still have skid loader here that works .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Metal-Fabricator/Koeckeritz-Iron-Steel-144713288935194/

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:53pm
Coke,
Your son and I worked up a plan for a quick attach for the 715 10 years ago but we couldn’t seal the deal.
Still would be interested if he did the quick attach mount.
I need one for my little case 310 also.

When I rebuilt my hydraulic control on the 715 I added in a third valve as an aux.

That trackloader should work slick for cleaning up brush.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic