This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydraulic fluid?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydraulic fluid?
    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:28pm
Trying to find out the appropriate hydraulic fluid to put in an old (1977?) ACC100 forklift. I am currently installing new leaf chains and hydraulic lines for side shift. Also, is there a need to bleed the lines? If so, where is bleed screw located. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:29pm
It's not too critical which oil to put in your hydraulic system. In an older unit I'd prefer Hydraulic 68 myself but 46 or 32 would work as well. The lower the number the thinner the oil is. If the pump is somewhat worn and seals in the hyd. cylinders are starting to get tired, Hyd. 68 is your better choice. You can also use 10W 30 engine oil too. There is no need to bleed the system once you are ready start up again, the system normalizes by itself when the pump starts working and you operate the cylinder(s) all the way in each direction.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:31pm
By the way, welcome to the forum, I notice you just joined a week ago!
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
SHINE View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:35am
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. Everything working great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic