This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6B Dozer blade upgrade HS6 Dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6B Dozer blade upgrade HS6 Dozer
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:54pm
I have an HD6B that I have been restoring since January 2019. All up and running great. I just finished rebushing the lift cylinders both at the gimbal that attach to the radiator shroud as well as the bushings in the universal rod end. Works so much better. The dozer has struts that adjusts the blade tilt for crowning the the grade. Looking to add hydraulic cylinders to replace these to allow for adjustment while in the cab. Does anyone have experience doing this and is there a way I can tap into the hydraulic pump located in front of the engine that works the blade lift
Sponsored Links

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:23pm
does your control valve have any unused ports?

HD3
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 11:29am
IF Can locate one thru General Gear or anyone on here that has Extra, can add the Second Valve or if have to, a Third valve to the set to install a tilt cylinder.
rhead1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:22pm
I will go out and investigate and take pictures. I think I have to take off the front cover to see
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:46pm
In order to add another hydraulic function you need another spool valve. 

You will not do this at the pump.

You will either change your present spool assembly out for another that has additional valves or plumb into the one you have and add one there.

HD3
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 5:40pm
Get a picture of the valve, maybe someone here can ID it, or you might be able to do it, by goin to surpluscenter.com"s site...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
rhead1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:24pm

The part number for the housing is 904224
It does have a 3/4" pipe plug on the side of the valve that is between the raise and lower hydraulic lines. Not sure if this is a pressure port that I could tap into or not. If this is a pressure port my intentions would be to run a line up to the cab to a single valve. I would then run a circuit to the tilt cylinders. Do you think that I would need to put a hydraulic cylinder on each side or just one side?

Edited by rhead1 - 11 Dec 2019 at 8:31pm
kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 6:27am
One side is all that’s needed. I bought a new valve for mine and mounted it were the original one was. All new dozers just have one cylinder. I will tell you if you do any pushing you will want a good size tilt cylinder. I broke a couple off the shelf ones. I ended up ordering one from hydraulic shop with a 3” rod diameter
rhead1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:23am
Kinghunter, PM sent. You say you bought a new valve...did the new one just mount on the oil tank replacing the rotary valve that just does the lift cylinder? Also do you have a HD6? Just asking because of the reference to the size of the cylinder and the amount of push you do.
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:11pm
I have a HD5 with a tilt cylinder and just put an extra circuit for a ripper. I tapped into the pressure line before the dozer valve. Dozer valve is open spool which has oil going through it at all times. That is the kind of valve you need to install. Put inline and take the pump power before it gets to the dozer valve. Easy hookup. My tilt cylinder is 1” rod and have no trouble. Works excellent so you don’t have to get off and adjust all the time. It actually moves very fast as pump is about 20 gal per minute if I remember right. Could use a snubber valve to slow it a little. I will look for pics. 
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:12pm
cannot use just a port off to the existing valve as nothing will put back pressure on the system to make pressure to move cylinder. 
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
rhead1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:31am
https://youtu.be/1AOZeViezq4
Here is a video of the final project. Installed hydraulic pump and cylinder on the left side
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:57pm
nice job
HD3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic