This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 5020 hydraulic pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wal1809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 5020 hydraulic pump
    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 5:13am
Thanks for adding me to the forum.

I have an AC 5020 w/ a front end loader. The poor thing has taken a beating its entire life. It's been flooded, 6 feet under water three times. I owned it during the last flood. There was so much destruction, the tractor sat for months before I could get to it. I hired a mechanic who turned out not to be a mechanic. He said he drained the fluids but obviously he didnt.

The front end loader worked as usual. Last weekend it stopped going up and down. It was also making a whining noise when the lever was pulled. This weekend I found the water in the fluid and the pump isnt even whining any longer. It does nothing when the levers are avtivated.

Please post your thoughts. If you have a 5020 please post a pic of the pump.

Do you have to air bleed these systems?

Any information is appreciated.

I am building a house on Matagorda island and this tractor is an essential part of the build. The whole reason it is out there is so I can unload pallets of materials off of a barge. My build is shut down until this thing is fixed.
Sponsored Links

Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:16am
Did You Clean The Strainer
wal1809 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wal1809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:48am
I have never worked on the hydraulics on this tractor. I dont even know where the pump or screen is located. I have googled my eyeballs out trying to find out where the pump is located.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:26am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
wal1809 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wal1809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:45am
I bought one but it is limited. I will buy one you suggested. In the mean time any information is appreciated.
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:48am
Go To Agco Parts Books .Com  Use Guest User You Can Look Up Parts
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:31am
For the Agco Parts Book
go to  https://apb.agcocorp.com/  <- click on this link

Scroll down to "Guest User"

Click on "View Books ->"

In Publication Type,  put in  79005174

Click on the Parts Book that comes up 

"AGCO ALLIS: 79005174 [PARTS BOOKS]

5020 / 5020 FWD / 5030 TRACTOR"

And your in like Flynn.

HTH
I recommend the service manual and the parts book from Farmmanualsfast.com above

I know nodda on the 5020

Edited by chaskaduo - 11 Nov 2019 at 11:38am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:59am
Ebay has them very reasonable,
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by wal1809 wal1809 wrote:

I have never worked on the hydraulics on this tractor. I dont even know where the pump or screen is located. I have googled my eyeballs out trying to find out where the pump is located.

The strainer is by your left foot when sitting in the seat. Transmission and hydraulic fluid is all in the same place added in front of the seat on top of the transmission. Hydraulic pump is at the bottom front of the engine. Not much of a job to change. I have always over filled with the loader. The oil level check plug is on the right side sitting in the seat.

Edited by Dick L - 12 Nov 2019 at 3:52pm
herm0016 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herm0016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:11am
you can get a pump on ebay... you have never changed the fluids after the floods?  sounds like you need to clean/inspect the bypass valve as well. 
5020 MFWD Power steering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic