This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A long job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A long job
    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 3:45am
Hi I feel like I’m not getting any where with my Allis B I have been working on it for about two years on and off everything I touch is a complete rebuild had a AMP meter repair to find it was not the right one.some muppets has cut the steering column down by 8 inches and they have cut a big bit out of the toolbox panel to lift the steering column up , back end has had all new bearings . Engine was seized air cleaner was rotted out and so were the mud guards.sometimes you look a these project tractors and don’t see the work you have to put in to them especially when you want them back to as close to factory as possible and I am a bit fussy . I guess I will get there thanks for reading my rant
Sponsored Links

albatros_3 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 5:42am
Now that does sound like a project. But completing a long project is very rewarding. I never seem to learn from them because I typically jump into another one.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 7:01am
     Certainly are some challenges involved in your project. Most of us get into more than we imagined with these old pieces of equipment but we learn a lot along the way and gain a feeling of accomplishment at the end that we can be proud  of. Hang in there.
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 7:05am
Many of those parts you mentioned I have saved for years. Now they are going outside on the pile. Might consider a container and get a few parts tractors shipped.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic