This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me ID this old timer,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me ID this old timer,,,
    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:06am

Good Mornin,,,I have a good chance to pick up this old tractor for a song,,,and a dang short song at that but I need some info if ya'll can help ID the thing.
 Gonna try to transfer the pic out of the marketplace to here,,,but,,it is yellow if the pic don't come thru,,,,,Wink

Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:18am
Looks like a MM 602 lp gasser to me. ---could also be an M-5

Edited by ac fleet - 13 Oct 2019 at 11:19am
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 12:27pm
Definite Minne, not sure the model.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 1:28pm
That ain't yellow, that's Prairie Gold!  Yep, an M&M.

You could go to their forum on https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/mm/wwwboard1.html for more info.

Edited by john(MI) - 13 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 2:17pm
Definitely a Minnie mo. If you can get it for song; start singing! Darrel
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 3:10pm
Could even be a “Jetstar 3”🤔 Obivously it’s a propane version.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:48am

Hey John,,I checked out Yesterday's Tractors and they gotts  a lot of info,,!! but no pics, so I googled for images of MM's and couldn't decide which of the ones mentioned here,,,,,Wink Cannot find out how wide them tractors are on the rear tires.
 Only'ist problem is that I'm afraid thet freebie will NOT go on my Car hauler trailer. I remembered my D14 Industrial will not go on the trailer and I have  been lookin for another trailer in case I needed to haul the D14 to Blair to help ole Shameless dig up some of them rusty cans he gots all over the place,,,,,,LOL
 Anyway, it is a 2 hour drive over to where it is and hate to drive all the way over and then not be ablt to load. The ID of my trailer is  79" ,,,,,,anybody know how wide them Minnie Mo's are across the rear tires,,???

Edited by desertjoe - 14 Oct 2019 at 8:21am
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 6:39am
So what would do with a Mighty Mo in that sort of shape?

Maybe scrap yard?  Confused
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:10am
Make sure ya get that Iron under the front to.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:26am

Chit,,Dave,,you give up too soon,,where's your spirit of adventure,,,??Wink

Yeah, Chask,,I seen the ,,,looks like a good sized chunk of H beam, don't it,,?? I'm sure I can fine a use for it too,,!!!Clap
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:52pm
By the looks in the picture, I would say that the rear tires are out wider than your trailer. It might be wider than a deckover trailer that is 102 inch wide. It might be worth the trip to measure.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Is that a narrow front ? Can't tell
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:54pm
Pat, I zoomed in on my phone,looks like a tricycle front

Joe, by that picture, looks to me like a song is about all its worth,, looks pretty rough. Can you get the tin work that goes around the radiator too?
Definitely a MM,, and being a tricycle front,, prolly one of the smaller models...might be worth the trip to go look,,and measure.....
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:46pm
I think it's a 602  but I don't think it's a jetstar 3  the m5 had the same rim as john deere did but I could be wrong.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:52pm

Well,,,I was just gonna give up on this jewel in the Rough (Wink),, but last night I come up on another sweet deal on 4 almost brand new 235 75 R15 Goodyear Wrangler Ta'ars on 2012 Jeep wheels off of a wrecked jeep for another song and THEN this Lady called me and asked me to go look at the tractor cause she really needed it moved out,,,and ole Joe being a sucker for a soft female voice,,,I breathed back that I would,,,only,,,if she would meet me there to help open the gate,,,,,,Clap
 So,,I gassed up the ( gasp) ,, Ford trk and beat it over there to Hobbs America to check it out. Went by the Dude's house with the Wrangler tires and I thought he was gonna start crying him sellin them Ta'ars so low,,,I reminded him I had made an offer and he accepted,,,,BUT,,,if he wanted out I would just go on as I had someone waitin for me down the road,,,,,Wink He finally said,,,Give me the money and lets load em up,,,,I keep tellin Ya'll ,,,I gots a very disarming smile,,,,,ClapLOL
 I hauled azz up the road, thinkin Ms Soft Voice would be waitin on me at the gate,,,,but she was a no show,,!! CHit,,,and I kinda mistreated the old Ford gettin there quick,,,
 Anyway,,the old tractor is an M5 and  4 cylinder. Looks like it has two  HUGE cylinder heads. Has power steering, three point and is a narrow front with one 15" MM wheel and one 16? John Deere wheel. One rear tire holds air and the other rear has weeds growing all the way thru the wheel and tire and coming out the top of the tire,,,,LOLLOL The exhaust pipe has been uncovered for a long time so,,most likely engine is stuck real good,,,
 Now for the clincher,,,the rear thread width is 89" and my trailer,,If I stretch the tape is only 79"
 If any of you guys are interested,,She gave it to me as in "FREE" and I would pass it along to Ya'll,,,There is also a Gleaner "C" there that is mine if I want it but that will take a semi size trailer and  big azzed loader,,,,,The 6 cylinder engine is still in the combine and looks to be complete,,,anybody,,???
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:35pm
Joe, If'n you weren't on da udder side uf da werld, I would takes ye up on thet offur for da ol' M5.
 I gots a tuff ol dezil that could use thet 3pt hitch... or your LP could use a wide front.

Was that the front casting under the tractor that sits in front of the radiator or was that an I beam?  
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:12am

Well,,JC,,If I could of got that thing on my trailer,,it would be settin at the low end of the project row at my house,,,,,Wink,,,Ya know just to piddle with when waitin on parts on my priorities listWinkClap I like these types of projects cause they can ALL be fixed up ,,,,Clap and it makes you feel Good when you put a spark in em for first time in ,,,yearsClap

Yeah,,that looked like a chunk of 4" X 12" "I" beam under the front ,,but it was gone when I got there,,,,! I asked the lady bout it and she was pizzed that the last person to look at tractor had stolen it,,,guess they couldn't take the tractor,,so they stole the I beam,,,takes all kinds don't it,,?? I MAY still keep tryin to get it,,as she told me I could have some time to get it out of there,but the fellar that I was thinkin on told me he sold his big trailer,,,but I keep lookin, I guess,,,I mean,,free is free,,Clap
 Say,!!,,,maybe ole Shameless could trailer my Chevy Allis down here and then take this jewel back home to Blair,,,tha'd be a good trade,,???
 WHERE IS OLE SHAMELESS,??,,I ain't heard nuttin from him in the longest,,I sure hope he ain't down with his feets again,,,,

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:25am
I was just thinking the same. Lets keep our fingers crossed that he's teasing I mean poking us.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:05pm
Joe...that tractor should fit on yer trailer if you puts it on cockeyed. if you have sides on yer trailer...can torch them off!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:06pm
ain't Michael V gots a trailer? (semi flatbed)
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 9:06pm

Ya know,Shameless,,,,,I ain't heard anything from ole Michael in the longest too,,,last I heard he was down in Arizona looking at some land to move down there where it's warmer in the winters,,,,Clap
 Some time ago I looked at another Minnie Mo here bout a pair of miles from m,,,is complete but I think the owner told me it had spun a rod,,,maybe I'll go by one more time just to see,,,he,,,,he,,likes Black label too,,,,LOL
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 9:16pm
I been here Joe....jus kinda 'lurkin' mostly..yea,I gotsa a trailer that will haul that rig,,, even gots me a winch riggin to get it up there so we don't hafta tag team come-alongs

yep,, your right about that AZ thing too,,thing is,, I gots a sister in Chandler,,,but,I'd really rather be a little further out in the country,,, there's lotsa people around Phoenix area...
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:14am
They live, a whole gaggle of em.

[TUBE]8y5b7_f6NNg[/TUBE]
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:09pm
Joe....you could grab that tractor, yank the engine out, build a fire box and have a rolling smoker/grill. you already gots a propane tank on it!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:15am

Shameless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I,,,,,don't think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I,,,,,,,,,,,,,sometimes you leave me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,speechless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I figure you spend a lots of sleepless nights dreamin up all kinds of things to torment honest law abiding folks,,,,,,,,altho,,,,,the idea don't sound too terribly bad,,,,,it would be a crowd gather'er wouldn't it,,,,??LOLLOL
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:44pm
Joe, that Minnie Mo is somewhat of a 'modular' engine... 336ci four, and when they built their six cylinder... they just added two more, for 504ci...they went all the way up to 585ci with the M-M 1355, but they made some beastly power units that'd be most common down your way... gaseous-fuel/spark ignition, burning wellhead gas or propane, either running pumps for oilfield activities, or powering irrigation booms.

I THOUGHT I'd seen an M-M  V12 somewhere... basically a pair of 585cid sixes, on a common crankcase... but I dunno if it was genuine production, or a factory 'experiment', or someone's very creative handiwork, but M-M made some incredible powerplants.

The width of the trailer being a foot-too-narrow isn't a problem if you're measuring OUTSIDE TO OUTSIDE... instead, measure inside to inside... if the inside flange of the rims is on, then pull it up, and screw planks on the inside of each, so it can't shift side-to-side, then block and chain it down, and bring it home.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic