This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New turn lane law...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New turn lane law...
    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:14pm
Tech
Nation's Left Turn Lanes Being Converted Into 'Park And Check Facebook' Lanes
October 8th, 2019

U.S.—States, counties, and municipalities across the country have begun to convert their left turn lanes into lanes where you just park and check Facebook as long as you want, with no rush whatsoever.

When you come to a red light at one of the Facebook lanes, you can just whip out your phone and take your time. When the light turns green, no biggie: just keep browsing Facebook. No one behind you in the line is in a hurry at all, so there's no need for you to rush.

"Honestly, the lanes were already being used for this, so now we're just making it official," said one traffic official. "Pull over to the left lane, park your car, and just take your time. We wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced should a green arrow pop up and interrupt your Facebook browsing time. It's all good."

Anyone who honks their horn or tries to actually turn left while people in front of them just chill and check Facebook will be cited for disturbing the peace.Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:44pm
Hopefully this is just a joke but with the stupidity of people these days it would not surprise me if some municipality enacted such a law.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:33pm
Its that damn parody/reality inversion, again!Wink
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:48pm
California Right??????
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

California Right??????
Sounds like a West coast thing
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:26pm
It happens here in Illinois
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:36pm
The latest one here on the left coast.Confused Take what is now 2 lanes each way with a big left turn lane,Clap 1 lane each way not left turn and make the center of the street angled parking.

I think they want to help the over population,run over the old and young as they cross traffic.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:07pm
Do I read you correctly Ray.....parking in the center of the street.
...? So when you park, it is inevitable that you will be walking across a lane of traffic no matter what....? Pure genius (hint of sarcasm) Darrel
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:46pm
I was just thinking today sitting at a red light that about half of people in front of me now have some delay in going on green, and about 2/3 of those I have to honk at....just sad
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:16pm
Yes Darrel that is what they are thinking, Confused well thinking is giving the orginators of this way to much credit.
As I said a place control the over population.

They are building a mini shopping place on main street in town. A 1/2 block area 4 or 5 sprerate buildings at angles and 2 big oak trees that had to be saved. So no on site parking. Wink And I kid you not they moved the sidewalk out into the street where every other block has parking. It is fu fu tourist kind of places. As a 30,000 population town has 6 or 7 or maybe more hotels that are 4 store as well as 200+ homes for rent by the day. So we have plenty of wino's coming to town. But even a bunch of them are not so crazy as to walk a mile from the hotel to new sandwich shop.ConfusedConfusedConfused The word on the street is part of "one world order" or "agenda 21" from the UN. Turn us back into a third world country.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 8:53pm
And they breed.......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:20am
In this part of Il. ANYTHING goes! --Thats why I hate to drive in town anymore! --Would LOVE to have a train horn on the truck!! ---Course I would be the one getting the ticket if I used the horn to wake up azzholes at the lights!!---Hhhhmmmm, anybody got BAIL money!!!!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

In this part of Il. ANYTHING goes! --Thats why I hate to drive in town anymore! --Would LOVE to have a train horn on the truck!! ---Course I would be the one getting the ticket if I used the horn to wake up azzholes at the lights!!---Hhhhmmmm, anybody got BAIL money!!!!

I've got bail money for anyone that is going make common sense common again.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 5:33pm
Every once in a while I'll see a moron, aheada me, at a red light, deeply engrossed in its phone.  If there's no heavy traffic, and no one in front it, I'll lay on the horn, and watch it stomp on the gas, and go right through the intersection!  Gotta try that one on an intersection, what has a camera!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic