This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my 'fun' project...sigh..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my 'fun' project...sigh..
    Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 6:01am
OK, decided to move 'BigBlu', ,wife's garden watering tanker....

Edited by jaybmiller - 19 Sep 2019 at 6:02am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 6:25am
I feel bad for you. My condolences.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:12am
well still got 10 fingers and toes and the duals didn't wipe out the neighbours Audi !
today's installment is make a 3.5" socket and figure out HOW to 'slide' the duals back on. I cleaned up the rear bearin and it slides, neigbour donated a front one, so it all 'should' be happy. I only have to go 2,000'( round the block ) or..... 200' if I take the steep shortcut....
jus another 'mke work' project...though it had to get moved so I can take down 2 trees and then make a 400' long swayle to get rid of the City's water they 'donate' to me....
and yes I drained the 2,000 gallons of water BEFORE I moved it....

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:31pm
A big pair of channel lucks will work
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:15pm
If you don't have a wheel dolly (unlikely) get a piece of metal roofing or a piece of plywood and pour some used motor oil on them and with a bar slid it on the axle.  Make sure you don't hit the seal as it goes back on. You can buy or borrow a set of sockets to fit the axle nuts. Be careful to not over tighten the inner nut. I always tighten it up real tight and turned the wheels to seat the bearings, the loosen enough to free them up if they were stuck, then wrist tighten them and check them for looseness. Spin the tires and if you can get three rotations you're good to go.     Leon
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:13pm
update:... kinda rebuilt the inner bearing, 'glued' it into the drum with sillycon overnight. Spent over an hours trying to get it onto the axle but not far enough to put a nut on. I used the A-C forklift with a chain slung between the tires, allowed for some play, but I figure I needed 3 othe rguys to 'persuade' the duals to really go on right. so.... I grabbed some 5/8 allthreaded rod, whack of nuts washers etc. The rod 'replaces' the axle and while not pretty or perfect, the tires go round and round. It only has to travel maybe 300' as I'll take the short cut and only need to make right turns.
I use it to collect rainwater from the shop to water the wife's veggies,so once it's 'at location' it'll probably never have to be moved again.
Thanks for the support guys !!

Jay

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:31pm
Fingers crossed for ya.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic