This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tomorrows plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tomorrows plan
    Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 9:20pm
Got rained out today. Gonna start sanding on her trailer again tomorrow. I've got the decals off the tail gate, still need more sanding. I got a bigger nozzell for my sand blaster, I hope it works without plugging up. The guys told me I wanted Black Diamond sand/coal dust but its too big to go thru the nozzle that came with the machine. The guys in church told me sillica sand was finer than Black Diamond. I will attempt to do the wheels and front frame. Bought a gallon of lacquer thinner to take the glue residue off. I havn't painted anything in 20 years. I hope most of it comes back to me today.
    Grandson got his Kawasaki 400 Bayou running today.   Sure is nice that has got an uncle that could be a great mechanic. At least its got a muffler on it. So no loud noise in the neighbor hood. Sorta proud of him taking on a project with no hands on experience. Picked the last of the late sweet corning the rain this afternoon. Stuffsure is good. Old gal and grandson are cleaning out the deep freeze now. Looks like it'll be bagged up and in the freezer in the morning.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm
maybe can use baking soda thru that blaster? I waited for the rain today and you dun stole it from me! PffffT!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:58pm
If there humidity in the air you'll have trouble sand clogs in the blaster nozzle. Keep your sand very dry. Good luck
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:09pm
what kinda trailer you buy?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:09am

TOM,,,Be Careful!!!! Silica sand is very agressive in cutting and lasts longer than any of the other media,,,BUT,,,IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to your respiratory system,,!!  You must wear an approved respirator else that chit be in your lungs before quick can get ready,,,and,,,and,,,calif says it is carcinogenic,,so,,be careful,,OK,,??
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:16am
DJ beat me to it on the Silica.  That stuff will permanently do your lungs in.

Them cheapo nozzles that I get from Harbor Freight passes the Black Diamond OK, but ya got to find a system that produces dry air if possible.

My concocted System is that I found an additional 60 gallon air tank and put it in the system.  So the compressed air from the 60 gal tank under the compressor flows to the bottom of the second 60, out the top, through a filter and drier and out to the blaster.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:03pm
Shameless. This one is a 16' enclosed trailer with a toy hauler rear door. Walk in door on the right front corner. It has a generator, heater, air conditioner already built in. BUT the previous owner was a young lady that gave professional massages.   Her phone number and name are all over the sides and tailgate. Old gal has me taking that stuff off. Its been on there a long time and is coming off hard. I have worn out 1 of the 3M decal erasures on the tail gate. Got 3 more ordered. Rained off and on all day today and it is sitting outside on the cement. Hope I can get it all sanded down tomorrow. Guys I do have the proper respirator for sand blasting, thank you for being concerned enough to remind me. Now I gotta convert it into another camping trailer. I wish she'd stop getting these dad ratted ideas.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 12:01am
dang...and I spose she didn't let you try it out before ya bought it did she? you sure ya can't just paint over it? orange covers a lot you know!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:40am
Try a hair dryer on those decals. Warm em up enough to soften and may pull off easier
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:55pm
Baking soda make the best media for blasting No need to tape of the chrome windows, headlights etc. Washes right off and ready to paint. And I always recommend using a sealer so you won't have die back and your finish go dull.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic