This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked Up This Plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picked Up This Plow
    Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:28am
Picked up this plow yesterday.  I don't have anything that will operate it, but it is orange, says Allis, and saved it from going to scrap.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Sponsored Links

KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:19am
Looks like a good save from the scrappers. Someone will want it for their collection. Are you looking to resell it?
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:22am
No, not looking to resell.  My brother has an 8070 and I have invited him to hook up to it.  We'll see, but would like to see him plow with it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:27am
Other than needing a better rear tire (flat), it looks to be in pretty good condition.  Shares are not completely worn down nor are the shins.  I believe that is a 9000 series plow.
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:52pm
    We have one just like it. It does a good job. Yours looks to be
in pretty decent shape. Thanks for saving it. I painted are plow and
just put it behind the 190 XT for local show.

John Carlson
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 6:06pm
took the tire and wheel off today.  Plan to put a different tire on it.  Will my D17 IV lift it up to pull it around?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 6:25pm
A 17 will pick it up and pull it, but it was the same one that came with my grandfather's D-19.  Does alright in flat ground, but we had hell to pay, on some of the steep hills we had. It would bury itself in the swales, and come out of the ground, on the hilltops.  Also takes a tractor that has a properly adjusted TB.  Ours was a snap coupler, yours might have been converted.  Ours also had a gauge wheel, on the land side, near the back.  Sometimes, that was all that kept it from burying itself!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:30pm
That’s a 80 series plow and a very nice one. I have a 70 series which uses shear bolts to trip the plow. The 80 series used a spring trip instead of shear bolts. Identical plows except for how they trip the plow. It should have had a depth gauge wheel on the left rear side if you are sitting on the tractor. As said above it will be difficult to keep it from going deep in the rear. They came either snap coupler or semi mount as yours is. They are a little difficult to get set up in the beginning. A working traction booster tractor is a big help. Sinking the front of the plow and then the rear takes some getting used to. They do a very good job but require quite a bit of turn around space at the end of a field. Very fun to use as I laughed at myself until I got use to it. I removed all my shear bolts which was a huge pan in the “Allis” as they had rusted in the frame. Kroil and heat was required, had to drill 2 bolts out. 2 evenings of labor finally resulted in all new bolts that will come out if I shear one. Getting ready to plow a 3 acre field so I’m excited to use it again.
Good luck and you scored a nice one. Looks like it was kept inside for most of its life.
If you don’t have a manual call Matt Scott at 612-508-4759, he may have some more. Best $15 I’ve spent, you will need it. A lot of good set up info in it.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
My brother and I both have 190XT,’s and it is a perfect match for them. Love hearing that 301/turbo singing. Music to my ears. The D17 will lift it if your taking it to a show but I wouldn’t suggest trying to plow with it.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
Brian is correct, it is a 9000 series. I missed an important detail, the cylinder lift is near the front of the plow. Mine is at the rear of the plow. 9000 replaced the 70,80 series and had no depth gauge wheel. Typed to soon.
Geez, I hate being wrong.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:55pm
I got the wheel off yesterday, tire off the wheel today and cleaned it up.  Found a used tire I had around and mounted it on the wheel and back on the plow.  I'm going to try hooking up the D17 IV up to it to just see if I can move it around and take a couple of pictures.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:21pm
The picture in Norm's book of the 9000 series plow does not show a gauge wheel.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 3:01pm
Picked up an Allis coulter and mounting shank at an auction last weekend.  Replaced the non-Allis one that was on the plow.  Measured it and it appears to be 14" spacing for the plow bottoms, so based upon the knowledge base site here, I guess it is a model 9443.  Neat to figure that out.  Dave
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:22pm
Great AC save! Know you’re going to enjoy brightening it up soon.
My Dad’s D-17 gas series II, pulled a 4-14 AC snap coupler plow. Of course it was in mostly level fields and yes it did struggle on any clay knolls.
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:35pm
We had a series 4 diesel that we pulled 4-16 2000 auto reset and brillion plow packer. This was on lighter ground with small hills. Tractor had 18-4 x 28 rubber.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:03pm
Look like a 9000 series and a very nice set. You do not need the gauge wheel. Same a our set! We did modify the trash cover boards to make them more steeper to completely bury corn fodder. Get a 185 and enjoy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic