This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGCO Parts Book Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGCO Parts Book Site
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
Does anyone have an opinion if it is worth the effort to contact your local AGCO dealer to register and create a My Account on the AGCO parts site? Or is just using it as a guest good enough? Just trying to see if it's worth the effort and if their are any benefits to registering. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:12am
I have always had success using it as a guest.
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
Johnwilson_osf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:57am
I have entered the site both ways.  By logging in with a user name, the system keeps a record of the items that you look up, so you have a shortcut back to your most used tractors.  This way you don't have to click Agco-Allis from the drop down menu every time.  
That being said, sometimes I don't remember my password, so I log in as a guest and go through the steps. 

John
Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:30pm
I just look em up as a guest and call my dealer with part #'s and see if we agree on what's what,then order.
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:27pm
As guest user, if I have a part #, how to get a list of equipment that uses it?

I think the dealers can do that. They can also check inventory country wide as far as I know. If signing up for account would let that happen, then I would sign up.

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

I just look em up as a guest and call my dealer with part #'s and see if we agree on what's what,then order.
This is exactly what I do, the last part # I called into our dealer said the # had been "changed" 3 times since the original # came out. I as a guest user had no idea of the current # but maybe as a registered user the new # would have shown??
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:00pm
As has been said, I too see the only benefit to having a sign-in is seeing the history of your searches. I guess I could put things in the cart and send it to the dealer on-line, but I want to talk to them so I know the status of the parts. The dealer in this case got the AC line kind of by default when the longtime AC dealer closed. They had the MF line, so they were already with AGCO. I can't complain as they have done ok by me so far.

I can't find a way to enter a part number and see what it fits across the AC line. You can enter a part number in the PART SEARCH box that appears once you have chosen a catalog, but it only searches that catalog. That works signed-in or as a guest. It maybe the way I am using it but I can't see if my dealer has it in stock, much less nationwide stock. Along the same line, I can't see nationwide JD parts stock from my sign-ins on that site, only what my dealer has in their stores. The dealer can see the other sources. A dealer has some abilities/resources the customer (free user) doesn't get access to.

As for updated numbers I think either guest or registered see the same catalogs and numbers.

Edited by Jim.ME - 16 Aug 2019 at 6:02pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:21pm
Jim, does being registered show pricing ? Just curios.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:37pm
I can't see any pricing when logged in. If I put something in the cart, then click what one would think would be check out, it tells me it will be emailed to my dealer for pricing, availibilty, etc. and the dealer will be corresponding directly with me. So it amounts to find the part number and call the dealer, and skip the automatic email to the dealer to save time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic