This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

was busy today!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: was busy today!
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:51pm
Gawd I hate it when i'm busy...usually means I gotta sweat! I HATE sweating! but today was different...gots to sit in the a/c and make salads! made lots of cucumber salads, some for us and some for friends near by. did a bunch of bacon on the flat top grill, smoked sum pork loin, be smoking sum chicky tomarrow, ate a few BLT's for supper, and then back to making more "ahead" meals for this winter! friends near by keep bringing us stuff outta their gardens, and so I make meals outta it and freeze some and give some back. I have bundles of garlic hanging in the tent, prolly enough to last 2=3 years! lol, sure smells good tho! may hafta go to wally world and pick up a few additives for tomarrows chores. I do gotta smoke up some more crispy bacon for adding to different things. any of ya'll have a "dough" recipe for making ciminum, cinimum...oh heck you know what i'm trying to spell...I want to make up sum rolls and freeze them.
Sponsored Links

dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:54am
Glad you been keeping busy buddy. Made cucumber salad yesterday and my shift ate that all up. Nothing better than home grown. 
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:58am
Well, if you're busy, that must mean that you're feeling okay. That's a good thing. And if you're busy, that keeps you from getting into trouble, and that's another good thing. Just save some work for this winter so that you are too busy to mess with that blasted snow machine! Darrel
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:56am
Good to hear. Free foods the best, specially when you know it ultimately ends up down the drain. I won't raze ya on the CINNAMON ROLLS, we all have weaknesses. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:06am
WinkYou about left me speechless,LOL I was figuring you were adding left hand fans to the "machine" to lift the "pretty" over John and dump in The Land of Fruits and Nuts. But here you are adding joy with yummys.Wink 

But now that I been thinking about it Confused if you could get your aim worked out better.LOL How much would it cost to bury San Francisco a little slop over to Sacramento perfect.Clap  
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:39pm
Naw Ray,,,,,,,lets start a little south of San Diego and go nort........

Dale, have you got a food vacuum machine?  You can do this to a LOT of food stuffs and they will last a LONG time.  I do it with onions now too and they last for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, it's been almost 6 months so far.  I peel em and cut off both ends and just vacuum and they stay,,,,,,,,we'll see.
I'm starting on herbs and spices now too to see......can't hurt.  Now that you mention it, I'm gonna try garlic!!
I roasted two pigs (90#s each) for a wedding yesterday.  Did em on a spit on my grill/cooker.  I've done a LOT of chicken on it, but I added a spit with an electric motor and it went for 7 hours and did good.  There were supposed to be 150 to 200 people there, but I think just over 100 were there.  Still wasn't much pork left.......they loved it, I got a LOT of compliments.  Turned it all into pulled pork.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:10pm
yes...I have a vacuum machine and use it a lot. when I find good sales on meats I buy up and vacuum bag it. I also cut up or dice a lot of onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and now cucumbers and do the salads too. freezer is about full right now. been taking some stuff into the boys at coffee in the mornings, so far they have loved every thing I've brought them!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:32am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

yes...I have a vacuum machine and use it a lot. when I find good sales on meats I buy up and vacuum bag it. I also cut up or dice a lot of onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and now cucumbers and do the salads too. freezer is about full right now. been taking some stuff into the boys at coffee in the mornings, so far they have loved every thing I've brought them!

UMMMmmm,,,we gots coffee shops too,,in case them boys get tired of them free veggies,,,,,Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:04am
I find vegies get mushy and loose all their liquid when thawed if I vac em and freeze. A flash freezer is what commercial producers use, and with the extreme deep freeze temp only small pointy ice crystals form and don't break the plants cell walls as much. The normal residential freezer is to slow and warm which causes large crystals to form and hence puncturing of the cell walls, then the liquid leaks out when thawed. that said I still vac pak onions and peppers for long cooking meals. I don't do corn as I'm type 2 and they is high glycemic. I mostly do canning and root cellaring as I have a cold basement here in Snota.

Edited by chaskaduo - 19 Aug 2019 at 8:06am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:30pm
We usually can our beans and freeze the corn
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:51pm
my old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife has been working hard all week to try and match her mothers recipe for pickled cucumbers/onions. the original recipe left when her Mother passed. she made several batches and did several different things and I think she has it! I remember them when we were dating, and they was GOOD! she gave each one of her brothers a jar, and they all said she has mastered that recipe! WooHoo!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:54pm
I also asked the old lady....oooops...I mean the loving wife...about freezing some of them cucumbers, and she too thought they would get mushy, and I asked if it really mattered any if they was mushy? they gits mushy when we chew and eat them! so I vacuum packed a couple quarts of them and froze them, we'll see how bad/good they are later
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:11am

Dang,,Good Buddy,,,you gettin to be a regular Paula Deen,,,ain't you,,???Clap
 I LOVE the idea of a good garden,,but I cannot grow chit,,,so I have to wait see if anybody brings us some,,,,,,,,,,,,hint,,hint,,,,,Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 1:10am
you gotta water them seeds along side all them rocks!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 5:11am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

you gotta water them seeds along side all them rocks!

Well,,if it'd just rain around here every now and then,,,,,,,,a person might have a chance for a decent garden,,,Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic