This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost our oldest pup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost our oldest pup
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm
She went to be where her sister is and a better place I can only hope than here. 16 years we had her, renal failure took her down and we had the vet take away her pain.

Always a sad day to lose a dear friend.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:38pm
Very sorry to hear this!, they are a part of our families and it hurts to let them go, I know it doesn’t make it any easier, but
You did the right thing to take away her pain and suffering. She’s running the sky’s pain free tonigh playing with her sibling.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Crewchief View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:57pm
So very sorry for u'r loss. We'r 8 years into our baby,,and the thought's of loosing her is just unimaginable.
1952 B   1950 Ferguson TO-2O
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:31pm
I've been there, even had to do it myself before. I prefer using the vet nowadays. We got one we are very fond of. He's beginning to age some now. I dread when that day comes.

Dogs are the best. Take a little time to heal. There will be another one win your heart.
200 10and20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 200 10and20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:37pm
Sorry for your loss we get so attached to our puppy dogs when they are gone it's sometimes harder than the loss of a family member but you can rest assured you did the most humane thing by not letting it suffer. God Bless
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:51pm

Gosh,,Mr Miller,,don't know what to say that ain't been already said,,,but I do feel for your pain,,very much,,,
 Give yourself some time to grieve Then,,go and make a new "Friend" the happiest dog in your part of the world,,,Clap you both will be better for it,,,,Clap
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:36pm
So sorry to hear that loss of your puppy... which really was an old dog in real life...
but your puppy is now in a better place.
Lost my old puppy just couple months ago and still am missing her ... and her daughter too. 
  Nothing like having a couple good dogs be companion to you every day in no matter the kind of weather or whatevers.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:30pm
I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet pup! all ours tho older are always our pups too. and we've lost a lot of them to old age, hurts real bad each time. one of our girls is up to about 17-18 years and i'll be sorry to see her go to doggy heaven. sit and think of all the good times and the laughs you had with your pup...helps ease the pain within us. then remember...there is another out there in a somewhere shelter waiting for your love!
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:11am
Sorry for your loss Dave. Another will make its way into your life sometime.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 6:56am
Sorry Dave.  2 1/2 weeks ago for us.  Sucks something awful!
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:41am
Sorry for your loss.  I know how it feels and I feel badly for you too.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:15am
Dave, sorry for your loss. A good dog is the best friend a person can have and they are part of the family. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
MitchB View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 2:43pm
My wife and I are very sorry for your loss.  We also lost our dog recently and miss him so much.  Sammy was an Australian Shepherd mix that we adopted in 2006.  Best farm dog we ever had! He was fearless; and went after woodchucks, raccoons, skunks and whatever else he found on the farm.  Absolutely loved all the ladies who board horses at our stables and was great around horses.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma in June and we had to put him down on July 9, 2019.  He would have been 15 years old on August 24.  We buried him near the horse barn where he loved to spend a good part of the day begging treats from the "barn ladies".   He was a great friend and companion!  
Allis Chalmers WD, D14, D17, 190, 6060, 6070, 6080, 8010, I-600, I-615, R62
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:26pm
Sorry to hear this Dave.  It's a hard thing to bear but life goes on and if you want, there is another out there just waiting to lick your face.  ( I only let em do it once )
Yep, remember the good times.  Was she a hunting dog?  Or just a lover?
I'm like Shamers, I've lost so many, but another just happens along and the cycle starts all over again.  My newest one's named Ruger, a Golden Retriever.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:54pm
I had to spend my morning digging the hole for my brothers dog to be buried in our pet cemetery at the farm. He was taking the death of his dog very badly and it makes me fear the day my little girl passes. Pets are like family to most of us. Ryan
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:39am
I read many years ago, that a boy growing up with a dog is a lot likely to get into trouble.

Dusty 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

I read many years ago, that a boy growing up with a dog is a lot likely to get into trouble.

Dusty 

Hey Dusty,,,don'cha you mean the other way around,,,??
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Dusty 

I met the boy, not sure about the dog.

SmileSmileSmile

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:17pm
As you all know just lost our almost 16 year old and not 10 years back lost our or rather MY 16 year old pup, was seriously attached to both and feel that loss everytime I think on them, Can feel those pains as I write now.

Much sympathy my friend is almost as hard as losing a child as we grow to accept and love on them.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:58am

Yeah, Dave I feel your pain,,,I've had one close call with my sleepin partner here recently when they had to do emergency surgery on her and was so heart breaking when I went to Veternarians office next mornin and soon as she heard me,,she started to tryin to get up and mewlin,,,even the vet was wantin to cry,,,but she made it outa that OK, but we know it is now just a matter of time before,,,,,,,
 Same for ole Shameless's biggest fan,,,,,ole Hungry is goin on bout 19, I think,, and that is way old for big dogs like him and I can tell he has slowed way down here last 3-4 months. Sure are goin to miss him,,,I been startin to look me for another great dane,,,I coulda bred him several times but kept lookin for a fawn with black snout like him,,guess I shoulda not been so dang picky when he was younger.
 Do yourself and your Buddy a favor and go get you another "Buddy",,,,believe me,,,there IS ROOM in your heart for a new Buddy,,,Clap
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:58am

Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Dusty 

I met the boy, not sure about the dog.

SmileSmileSmile

Dusty

Um....Dusty, I think the problem is you left out a “less” in there.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:26am

Hey Thanks TBone,,,I was tryin to be politically correct and I do think ole Dusty meant what you saidClapClapLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic