This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is this bolt 190 injector pump cover pic now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this bolt 190 injector pump cover pic now
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:15am
Wondering what this bolt is for on a 190 diesel puller with a 450 pump head , its on the injector pump cover

Edited by DougG - 06 Aug 2019 at 7:00pm
Sponsored Links

Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
It screws up against the end of the pump drive shaft/gear supposed to keep the shaft from coming forward and seizing the shaft to the cover and then twisting the shaft off. I have a 450 head on my 210 with high charge pressure and have never had a problem without a bolt. 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 6:11pm
I gottcha, I had a 450 setup on a 180 that ran 200 lbs of pressure and still had the spring with no problems , how much pressure is this set up you think ?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:45pm
That design (when I have seen it) was used with the internal transfer pump was left out of the RoosaMaster pump and an external supply pump was used to charge the Roosa.. It saw to it that the rotor wasn't being pushed forward against the thrust clips inside the pump causing a seizure at that point. Pump pressures were between 200 and 300 psi when using that system I think.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:05pm
Thanks Dr Allis,, it all makes sence now ,, but there is no external pump supply, so ??I always blowed the pump head and rotor when it hit 280 on the 180 I ran years ago then it was ,, $$$$$$$$ the Roossamaster injector pump is a small neat deal that has a ton of performance when set up right

Edited by DougG - 07 Aug 2019 at 8:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic