This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glokin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advice
    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
Need help figuring out how much to ask for our 1966 B10 Big Ten tractor. Runs like the champ it is. Hydraulics are shot. The choke cable is broken so we have to use our finger to move the choke, otherwise in great shape for its age. I can post pics. Also we have the blade, tiller, and the snowblower. Any help would be appreciated. We do live way up in northern lower Michigan so not many local buyers. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:09am
1) 1966 would be B10-period. Big Ten was 1965 only. The B10 and Big Ten designations were not used together at the same time so it has to be 1 or the other.
 2) If it were mine, I would consider each piece individually and then add that all together for a starting(asking) price but being open to some negotiation at the same time.
        a) a decent looking running tractor by itself would be worth a few hundred $ in my book-bad hydraulics will hurt that since they will need to be fixed or converted to manual lift-choke cable easy fix so not a big issue
b) attachments in working order worth a couple hundred each
Put your 4 pieces together and $800-$1000 would be a good starting point and go from there.

b) 
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Glokin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glokin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 6:03am
Thank you, you have given us great advice. And yes, now we know it’s a 1965 Big Ten. My step dad purchased it in 1966...that’s why I was confused. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic