This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New wd45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 9:27am
It's really coming together for you Ryan.
It looks good and it'll be running before you realize it.  And then WE want a picture of your expression when you pull that starter rod!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

ryanschott View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:40pm
Hopefully next week will have tractor running just waiting on a muffler now. Was going to buy a new one but the boneyard near me has a gleaner d17 motor on the skid still out of combine and looks good and has good muffler and Vinson manifold for cheap. . So going to wait till pay day next week and get that. Maybe do a gleaner powered puller like sugarmaker is working on. My thought where to do wd and strip it down to extreme lightweight class. I will get new muffler when I repaint tractor but for now use what I will have. But Tractor is coming along good just anxious to get it started and make sure everything gets lubed up and no problems. Then next thing will be to do electrical system which will be 12v with one wire alternator found a awesome wire harness from brillman at good price looks original and wired for the one wire. Plus I think headlights will get led inserts under the glass bulb. Look old but new. So hopefully will have a awesome update next week. Hope everyone had a great new years
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 5:27am
Nice job for sure...looks good
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:28am
Ryan,
Your getting there! Somedays it seems like not much is happening. Also sounds like you have another potential project. If you can find a styled WC that seems to be the hot set up to get the weight down as much as possible for the Z engine. Looking forward to your updates.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 7:55pm
It runs good had it running for over an hour today. Fired right up everything sounded great. A little louder exhaust wise but I’m the barn. Has a small manifold leak cause the far corner is rusted a little so might put an extra gasket in or get new manifold. Drove it around the yard feels very powerful compared to ones I had in the past. You can dump clutch and it doesn’t stutter just goes. Next I guess is work on the electrical system which needs to be completely replaced cause every bit of it is junk. Am very happy with how it turned out. Will put up a video when find out how.

Ryan

Edited by ryanschott - 11 Jan 2020 at 7:56pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:25pm
Ryan,
 Congratulations on your WD45 engine overhaul! Looking forward to the video too. Those manifolds get washed out on the ends. That's pretty common. A machine shop can true it up for you.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:28am
Just got some time to mess with it yesterday. It rust good but seems louder and harsher then should be. So I tried a little timing adjustment and it purrs. Wow what a big difference a few degrees makes. Just waiting to make a little extra cash and will be getting a new alternator and a wiring harness cause absolutely nothing is savable with the wires. Plus I’m going to get anew exhaust manifold cause the one end leaks and manifold is just ate out a little on the end. But local junk yard has a old d17/combine motor with new looking Vinson manifold and going to grab distributor too
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:16pm
Ryan,
 You will really like the upgrades to the electrical system too. I wire my own but Steve @B&B has complete kits too.
All those little details add up to smooth running tractor for a long time!
 Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic