This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 912H steering wheel problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 912H steering wheel problem
    Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:22pm
the 6 sided flat washer with the slot that fits over the flattened steering shaft at the bottom of the plastic steering wheel has torn up the depression its supposed to fit in...as a result the wheel spins without turning the shaft.... I tried using JB Weld to secure the 6 sided washed to the steering wheel but.... it lets go when a mighty twist of the steering wheel is required.

The only thing I can think off is using JB Weld to epoxy the whole inner sft to the steering wheel... problem is I can never remove it if I ned to..

are there and other solutions?
Sponsored Links

kenora View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:06am
well I fixed it..for now... by cleaning up the dirt and debris, taping up the bottom of the hole on the steering wheel (to make it leak proof) and the filling the hole with epoxy, right to the top...this seems to have done the trick.

Edited by kenora - 09 Sep 2019 at 11:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic