This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i need better shoes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need better shoes...
    Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:58pm
last night had coon fights (maybe breeding) outside in my driveway. went out 5 times after dark to try and get them to run across the highway and get hit by a vehicle! no luck! couldn't fine my .22 cal, so just went out with my bright flashlight. they usually run off when they see the light. well not this time...the sucker ran towards me, I kept the light on it's face, he/she prolly was blinded and didn't know where it was running...anyway, it got in front of me and I nailed it in the nose with my heel...that's when my shoe flew off! it did run off another way, and I got my shoe back and back on. PfffffT! stopped at the fireworks stand tonight and got sum fire crackers. I don't wanna use any of my home made ones so close to the buildings/vehicles. gonna hafta live trap sum more and give them as gifts again! Joe...what's yer address?
Sponsored Links

KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:48pm
Your other shareholders might be looking for new pets!!!!
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 2:43am
they got my last 2!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:14am
 Well,,Shameless I'm glad you thinkin on me again,,,but we ain't got any coons 'round here,,,,at least I ain't never seen any,,,but we do gots them coo,,,,er ,,,never mind,,,,Chit,,there I go again,,,,,,
 Only'ist time I remember any coons way back then when we was younger,,we went on a campin trip up north and had a cabin rented right by the river and wouldn't you know it ,,,the dang trash cans was right in front of the cabin and tied to the handrail,,,  The first night we hear this dangest noise and look out and theys two coons done turned the trash can over and got one heck of a mess in front of cabin!! I complained to the owner and he gives me a bungie strap to tie the lid on ,,,but them coons was waitin on thet and next night,,they had that strap off in a pair of minutes and more mess to clean in the mornin,,,,
 SOoooo,,for the rest of the trip,,I started to put our trash in the neighbor's trash can,,,!!!WinkWink The's cute little animals but a PITA nearby,,,,
  SaY,,!!    I just got a great idea,,,send them coons to ole JohnCO,,,don't one of your favorite kin live close to him,,,??LOL
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:53am
Shameless, what is the source for your coon trap?

I just sent my Harbor Freight live large trap back to China.  The coons could somehow spring the trap door open enough to snake out of there.  I had a video of a big ole tom cat muscling his way out.

The haveaheart ones on the internet seem to resemble the HF one in design.  Confused
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:18am
got bigger problems here... a rabid fox. dang thing cruises the neighborhood pickin off hens. it's 6AM and he just sauntered through my driveway...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

Shameless, what is the source for your coon trap?

I just sent my Harbor Freight live large trap back to China.  The coons could somehow spring the trap door open enough to snake out of there.  I had a video of a big ole tom cat muscling his way out.

The haveaheart ones on the internet seem to resemble the HF one in design.  Confused

Haveaheart and harbor freight resemble each other but haveaheart is a much better trap. We use 2 of them here and when coon signs start showing up, get a bag of cheap chocolate donuts from Dollar General and put 3 in the trap close to the activity area. Works everytime.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 11:32am
Dave...I use HF traps, they work great. maybe you got one that gots bent somewhere? my traps came 3 to a package, small, medium, and large. dunno what brand they are. i'll look and see if there is a name on them. I did wire some thin paneling on the sides of them to keep them from reaching in the sides to rake out the bait.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:08pm
I always use peanut butter in my traps for coon. Shameless them coons like cats they return to home unless you kills them
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

last night had coon fights (maybe breeding) outside in my driveway. went out 5 times after dark to try and get them to run across the highway and get hit by a vehicle! no luck! couldn't fine my .22 cal, so just went out with my bright flashlight. they usually run off when they see the light. well not this time...the sucker ran towards me, I kept the light on it's face, he/she prolly was blinded and didn't know where it was running...anyway, it got in front of me and I nailed it in the nose with my heel...that's when my shoe flew off! it did run off another way, and I got my shoe back and back on. PfffffT! stopped at the fireworks stand tonight and got sum fire crackers. I don't wanna use any of my home made ones so close to the buildings/vehicles. gonna hafta live trap sum more and give them as gifts again! Joe...what's yer address?

"Nailed it in the nose with your heel?".....sounds like maybe that ole Coon was maybe chasin & a bitin at your heels at you ran screaming back to the uh, "loving wife"?Shocked
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 7:38pm
 Well,,Scott,,,Ya see,,,I wasn't gonna say anything bout that little tidbit,,,,but seems to me that if you somehow "touch" something in the nose with the heel of your shoe,,,it is because you are haulin azz away form that nose,,,,but then again,,,,I wasn't there, so what do I know,,,,,LOLLOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 9:23pm
next time i'll have a shovel in my hand...guedd i'll go down to the sheriff's office and sign in a hand gun permit.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 9:28pm
Guys I was assistant Scoutmaster many years ago. At Scout camp, the boys were told NEVER put marshmallows in your tent. The darn coons will destroy whatever you hid your marshmallows in. It was hilarious to sit outside drinking a final cup o coffee and watch the new scouts come screaming outta their tents. I guarantee you guys a cheap bag of marshmallows will bring coons from yards around.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Dave...I use HF traps, they work great. maybe you got one that gots bent somewhere? my traps came 3 to a package, small, medium, and large. dunno what brand they are. i'll look and see if there is a name on them. I did wire some thin paneling on the sides of them to keep them from reaching in the sides to rake out the bait.

No questions need be asked HF is another word  for made in China Wink until they find somebody that can do it even cheaper.LOL Now don't get to upset with me I got some of there frugal Wink supper good priced junk too.

Those Chinese have there eyes on us and copy everything we invent Wink that they think is any good. Nephew has been involved in a shooting competition called 3 Gun and made improved sites for his guns. There was interest from other shooters, so he started selling some. Not anything he is going to be able to make his million and retire on,Wink but some extra cash to finance the travel to compete.  Well it is several years and the Chinese have a add in all the magazines for competitive shooting selling a copy of his site,WinkWinkWink for 1/2 price. This happened 6 or 7 years ago and all legal advice was yeap that's how it goes.ErmmConfused Looking all around Ermm maybe that is why I think so much of the current president he thinks this is wrong too.

So back to topic I beat a HF live trap looks Wink just like the old US made ones just that it's weak cheesy junk. But may be good enough sometimes Wink. But those ol coons ant so dum ether.LOLLOLLOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

got bigger problems here... a rabid fox. dang thing cruises the neighborhood pickin off hens. it's 6AM and he just sauntered through my driveway...
Well if you saw him Jay, why didn't you have the .22 ready??  Just a little lead in has left ear and he'll leave you alone.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic