This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 7030 Transmission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nebraskafarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 7030 Transmission
    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 9:47pm
So for several years.. and probably over a 1000+ hours ago.  When starting up the tractor and shifting it into gear .. it simply doesn't move (no matter what gear you put it in).  If one gives it plenty of throttle and gives it a good minute while ones foot is on the clutch and slowly takes it off.. You can move.. any subsequent moves going forward and back same thing.  Furthermore it may simply not move once your are going.. then you step on the clutch wait about 30 seconds and go again.    Once you have gone for a while.. you can go cultivate 100 acres with no issue... and it is fine.  Any ideas what is wrong and if its worth fixing?  Furthermore will this issue get worse?  Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 10:42pm
The gerotor pump is what makes the Power Director clutch work. I have to assume your lower center instrument panel lite (1800 RPM lite) doesn't work. If the lite was on and the tractor doesn't move, and then when the lite went off the tractor did begin to move,  that would tell me something. It sounds like the pump is being starved for oil (plugged screen or low on oil) or the pump is worn out, or the Power Director clutch piston seals are so hard/brittle that they are leaking oil faster than the pump can deliver oil. Without gauges to determine oil pressures you'll never accurately diagnose anything. Stepping on the "HIGH" button and then the tractor moves might tell me something.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:20am
Where are you checking the transmission oil ???
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:04am
I would say PD seals are so old and hard that they are not sealing. Time to rebuild PD.           MACK
Nebraskafarms22 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nebraskafarms22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:50pm
sorry left that part out.. The light is on.... i wait for it to go off... then i step on the clutch put it in gear and it comes on again... I keep my foot on the clutch.. give it a little more fuel wait a little while then it goes off.  i take my foot of the cluth.. then it goes.  I could see it being some of the things that are mentioned but to me several of those ideas are not likelysince it drives perfectly once warmed 

Edited by Nebraskafarms22 - 26 Jun 2019 at 9:52pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 6:55am
Which could be an indication of hard seals in the clutch. You never said where you are checking the transmission oil. When the light is on, the pump isn't pumping oil. Sounds like it is LOW on transmission oil.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 7:06am
The pressure pump is trying to pump oil, but scavenger pump is not. If it is low on oil, it will not be getting oil to pressure pump.      MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic