This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 710

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nygooseduster26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 710
    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:09pm
Hey all, I’m new to the allis world and decided to take up a deal on Craigslist and make a project of it. I got a 710 complete running garden tractor, mower deck, snow plow, and tiller attachment. As well as a 712S he threw in for possible parts that has no motor. The 710 engine runs strong however the drive belt is missing, therefore it doesn’t move. I can’t seem to find any clear answer as to what size belt it takes. I tried to take a measurement and came up with 47” but I don’t really know how to measure for a belt. I simply ran a string around the two main pulleys and around the idler pulley that is run by the brake/clutch pedal. I tried to snag the belt off the 712S but it wasn’t quite right, as the rear pulley on the 712 is larger than the 710. I am also trying to find a mule drive to run the tiller from the 710 as well as any belts that could be included with that. Like I said I’m new to this whole Allis Chalmers thing and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Brad
Finger Lakes, NY
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:34pm
I will get you the part number or even the belt if you don't have dealer near you. It's a straight 3 speed right. Meaning it has the shifter in middle of tractor, and when you were looking at pulleys it only has one pulley off gear box and one off tranny with an idler pulley.
Nygooseduster26 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nygooseduster26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:43pm
That is all correct, part numbers would be great! Maybe a suggested website would help too
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:50pm
Call Sandy Lakes in PA. at 724-376-2489 and they will help you with a belt and they also have some used parts.
Nygooseduster26 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nygooseduster26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:45pm
So I got the belt and it fits great... now my problem is starting the engine. Brand new deep cycle battery, brand new starter solenoid, I have to jump the ground and the starter post with jumper cables for it to start. When I turn the key you can hear the solenoid run but it won’t run enough power from the key through the solenoid to run the starter. When using a test light the power into the solenoid is very bright however the power coming out to the starter is very dim. I’ve tried checking some connections and can’t seem to find the issue, maybe a bad key switch? Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic