This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another interesting RFD video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another interesting RFD video
    Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Can someone post this video, I can't do it. Look up the angus report losing ground
Was warching RFD and this show was on called the angus report and the episode was on the losing farm land. It's disturbing to see. I see it in our town but to see it based on the whole United States
Thanks if you put the video up

Edited by Mikez - 02 Jan 2020 at 10:33pm
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 11:05pm
[TUBE]UAEKCtl2eis[/TUBE]
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:35am
thanks for posting this, unfortunately most all of us know this already, and this needs to be put out to where most everyone can watch and listen! I've worked my grandfathers and fathers farm most of my life, and altho I've been forced out by greedy family (stockholders) this land will be sold off by their kids as soon as we pass. they don't even know what it looks like and they will receive millions for it. they don't care about the "where food comes from", just the almighty dollar!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 6:09am
Happens here to. Cherokee and Forsyth counties used to be covered in poultry and cattle farms. You couldn't go a mile on any road and not see one or the other. Now there are 2 or 3 left operating in Cherokee and maybe that many in Forsyth. Very sad to see
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 6:51am
A very few in our area as the Old Timers pass on and rental ground becomes the norm, as these families renting die off the levels of cattle farming will too die off here.

One note, the Pure Angus blood line was fast approaching inbred damage issues, the repair is to cross breed for more stable animal lines. Here we are seeing Simmental and Hereford crosses more often than not, the days of a Pure Angus beef product may be coming to an end.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 9:10am
Greed by all is the norm. in this area, has been for years. --Big get bigger, little guys get pushed out, land goes to developers, fill it with damn houses that never sell ,or someone signs up to buy them , a few months later they can't make payments, house goes back on the market,--cycle starts over. ---houses/buildings here not selling, down more than 40% according to realtor on FB. but land greed never stops.
If a lot of crops don't get planted this year, the USA will just import stuff from overseas and shrug off the guys having trouble in America, don't need farmers anyway according to the general public, because they get their food from Wal-mart, so they could care less  about farmers!
We used to do the herford/angus cross cattle, had great animals, got nothing for them,--that's when the cattle went down the road, and we got out of livestock!---crack-pot crazies were starting up bad at that time too, running around the area causing trouble.---NOT worth the hassle !
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Mr.P View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 9:29am
I'm with Shameless on this one. Greedy family forced me out of the family farm that we had for a 100 yrs. so they could get the almighty dollar. So I have houses all around me now. Glad I'm retried.   
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 9:40am
Same thing is happening here in Canada.  Sad to watch the big city to the west of me, Edmonton, spread like a cancer over what was some of the best crop land in this part of Alberta.  It seems to spread several miles in all directions each year.  Then they fill it with cheaply built, look a-like houses all the same and spaced about four feet apart!  How you find the right house every time is a mystery to me as they all look exactly the same.  Maybe works out so you come home to a new wife every day!!!! LOL

Fortunately, It'll be a long time before it spreads out to where I live!!

Edited by Alberta Phil - 29 May 2019 at 9:44am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:06am
Neighbor went into hock BIG TIME to get his family farm in his control, only problem is he does not have anyone following him and he is near my age. At some point that farm will be on the block as many others are and not going to remain in family. Our old family farm in Greenville IL is just so as the cousin gets too old to be by herself with no one else wanting to take it on, some six of the old family farms are gone now. Last one on Dad's side is down near Owensville MO, that is down to 60 acres from the original 600, and again, nobody wanting to take it over as that cousin gets closer to the end of the line.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:46am
Several years ago Michigan set up a Farm Land Preservation act to help preserver farm land.  This past year Eaton County decided that solar farms, in my book they are NOT Farms, could be put on farm land. Michigan ranks 47th out of the 48 continual states in available sunshine.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Several years ago Michigan set up a Farm Land Preservation act to help preserver farm land.  This past year Eaton County decided that solar farms, in my book they are NOT Farms, could be put on farm land. Michigan ranks 47th out of the 48 continual states in available sunshine.

Dusty
Yeah, about like an ice cube farm in Alaska.Censored

Gee.....maybe if I can hang on long enough, I'll get paid for all this stuff I make!LOL
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Alberta Phil Alberta Phil wrote:

Then they fill it with cheaply built, look a-like houses all the same and spaced about four feet apart!  How you find the right house every time is a mystery to me as they all look exactly the same. 

That's why every Sport UtV has to have GPS now Cry
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 10:51pm
Just watched another good video on RFD by angus group about a high school in Texas, Wilderado. I thought it was interesting how each student felt they gained important life skills from it. Would one of you guys post this one to. If you look up Wilderado I am angus, should find it. Thanks
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:58am

Very concerning facts on the video and prime land loss growin by the hour,,,I remember a radio commercial put out by some conservation group long bout the 60's,,that I will always remember,,,," Remember, There will always be more people,,,but there will never be more land" Somber thoughts, huh,??
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 4:45am
Did I hear a request?

[TUBE]AJcyEZqHJSY[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:42am
Thanks Dave
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:58am
I'll hafta watch that one Wildarado, its kinda close to me, prolly bout 100 miles or so.....
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 6:25pm
realtors and developers,  i would be banned on here if i said what i think, there will never be another acre of ground sold agian that could be bought to farm  ,out here all the premium irrigated ground now has a subdivision on it farmable acres will non existant here before long ,   also whats so great about black angus  ive ate alot of good holstien but 40 years ago if it wasnt hereford it wasnt nothing 
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 8:46pm
Did anyone else notice the only combine in the movie was a Gleaner?  Good show!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic