This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kubota UTV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kubota UTV
    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:12am
I picked up the rental unit, hauled it the 100 miles down to moms farm. This farm was one of the first in the crp program and had been in the program every since. I was absoulty disgusted at what we saw today
I picked up mom and we headed out over the farm. There are ditches washed thru it. This thing is so soggy it is unbelievable. Erosion is terrible. If it is ever row cropped again, the dozer bill is going to be tremendous. We've got a young man going to remove some trees and push a big load of stone in a ditch. Hoping it will stop some of the erosion. Also we had a crossing across the river. The old pasture it was in is so overgrown with multiflora rose and brush we could notfind it. We almost got this 4x4 UTV stuck. It is that soggy. Anyway this young feller is gonna move down the river and make us a crossing wide enough to get a 12 row planter across. The trees she had dozed out are coming up from the roots. The ones she had cut with a tree saw are coming up everywhere. I will be in touch with her representative on Monday and see what happens. Kubota UTV' s are the loudest darn thing I have ever ridden on.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:03am
sorry to hear about the farm, dang shame. lady round the corner has a 2 acre plot I tried to 'restore' but she's, well, lazy. Wants free firewood delvd yet has LOTS of trees around this field. Can't almost get tractor in  due to, yup, trees growing into the laneway...

as for the noisy ride..I HATE ANY vehicle with 'no muffler'. There should be laws agin them ! yeah, one of my pet peeves. If your ears ring 24/7 like mine and you can't hear some 'bands' of voice, you understand.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
baverwolf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baverwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:00am
I agree on the kubota being loud as I own one. It's a tough little bugger and is a great fencing machine and for hauling stuff around the yard. Although, if you want to ride in something loud, ride in a CanAm outlander utv. Parents have one and you need earplugs and I'm not kidding! Hope you can get your erosion fixed and your trees under control.

Edited by baverwolf - 21 Apr 2019 at 11:01am
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm
I have a Kubota UTV and I agree it is noisy. I use mine a lot around the farm and cut wood with it as I can drive right into the woods to the trees I want to cut.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:42pm
This unit is a diesel less than 2 years old. It has a new looking muffler. Ill be glad to turn it in tomorrow.
Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:18pm
I borrowed one of the smaller ones for our tractor show. used it a bit around the farm. I like the smaller ones because they will fit in a full size pickup, some of the utv's are way to big for me.. if I wanted an jeep Id buy a jeep :)

God made man.Sam colt made man equal.
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 6:20pm
I heard a Kubota UTV, yes, it made much noise. I agree  loud machinery is bad.
Why can't they be quiet like a gas golf cart. To me, all the noise is a sign of sub-par design. A real POS. Throw them in the crusher. And that goes for modified motorcycles also.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 7:41pm
Tom, maybe I missed the background story. Why has the ground been neglected so long ?  I think around here there has to be some yearly grass/ brush cutting / maintenance to be in CRP ?  But they do promote wanting more trees to grow.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JohnH123 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
Steve, because of CRP probably. CRP is basically a neglect program to subsidize herbicide companies. When you are in CRP, you can't do anything with the land except what the government thinks is best for it.
Ignorance is curable- stupidity is not. ~427435

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:15pm
the first 10 year stint of our CRP, the govt guy says they want trees to grow for wildlife. and I asked one day if I could go in and spray 2-4-D to kill sum weeds in it....NOOOOOOO they said, can't spray the weeds with 2-4-D, then I asked (for chits and giggles) if I could use roundup to spray the weeds with and he said yes! LMAO! dumb a$$! so in the 2nd 10 year stint of the CRP (same property) the trees are really growing...everywhere! they said the trees were o-k and looking good! had to re-seed the acres twice as the off type seeds didn't grow good nuff for them. was sposed to burn it all off one spring...local fire dept quit assisting of planned burns, so I did it all by myself...81 acres. no big deal. 3rd 10 year stint...OMG they said, can't have all those trees out there! WHAT???? they said the rules have changed, and I have to get rid of all those trees! WTF! so...I started cutting the trees, that's when I bought the tree puller from Coke's son...what a great machine, sure cut down my tree cutting time and work. I pulled prolly 1500 trees with that machine. the big trees I just felled where they landed, some trees I dug up with the backhoe and brought them home and replanted them...nice pine and cedar trees! (wind breaks). stockholders said they wanted all the roots dug out too...dug a few bug trees out (left the holes) one of the stockholders fell into one of them and I just sat and laughed! (kinda sounds like I didn't care don't it?) LOL then it was time for another controlled burn off...the local fire dept said they could help this time, but they never showed up cuz some city bot was burning his off illegally and caught his neighbors house and barns on fire. so I did it myself again! the last year the CRP was ending, I was still cutting big trees, was so hot during the day, i'd go out at night usually after midnight and cut by the truck lights. I couldn't walk very good and sometimes leaned against the truck to hold me up while cutting the trees. only had about 200 trees left, and they hired someone to take them out. he bought a new wally world chain saw but couldn't figger out how to put it together! he told the big green farmers to farm it this year cuz he thinks we can make more money on it that way...there was a reason we put it in CRP 30 years ago! out of the 81 acres there is about 7 good growing acres in it. and for what the big green farmers charge us for seed, we'll be paying them to farm it and letting them keep all the crop! LOL now see what ya'll did...gots me started up...now I need a smoke! guess a beer wouldn't hurt either!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:19pm
oh...yeah...almost forgot to mention...wait til the big green farmers find that rock! LMAO
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:20pm
Steve this has been in crp for many years. The first 10 years you could do nothing with it. You weren't supposed to drive on it. As a result it grewup to trees, mostly those low down cedars. The next 10 years you could go out and clip the trees. The program Now, after the birds hatch you can pay a certified guy to mow part of it. Or if the DNR approves, they or their representatives can burn it off. There are approximately 200 acres in this program. They are now attempting to burn 1/3 of it off each year. Usually the local small town fire dept does this on weekends. That gives the small town fire departments some money to replace equipment. My concern is -- there are a lot of ditches washed out all over. There are 2 years left in this program. I think it will take 2+ years of government payments to get a dozer in and clean up the mess that these many years of CRP have created. The ground is soggy wet too. I am about 60 miles away. If I were closer i would take a tractor and single shank ripper and give it a good going over. I grew up on this farm and knew every inch of it. It was never like this. Looks like Shameless was in the same program as Dad And Mom.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 25 Apr 2019 at 9:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic