This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compact tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neal (scMN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compact tractor
    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:06pm
I am looking to purchase a compact tractor. Looking at Diesel, about 23 to 30hp, belly mower, loader, hydrostatic and PTO.Any recommendations?

Edited by Neal (scMN) - 08 Apr 2019 at 3:07pm
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 6:18pm
I bought a Kubota BX23S for my 65th Bday last May. I went into the local AGCO dealer with 24K cash and after 1/2hr looking for a salesperson... I left...guess they didn't want my money.
I've got 105 hrs on 'lil TOOT' ( The Other Orange Tractor) and very pleased.
It has the SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach) loader, bucket and 12" backhoe. No mower,didn't want one. Got the 3pt kit(arms) though. It's a tough little thing and does what I want and more. Dang ROPS is too tall for my garage door though !! Came with a 6yr warranty and the dealer is close and FRIENDLY !!
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
BradH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 10:24pm
My father -in-law has a Case DX 33 he got used with a finish mower and a blade a few years ago.  He wanted to get it with the three point mower so we could use it for other jobs easily.  It works great, has been pretty reliable, and is easy to use.  My only complaints are the lack of hydraulic remotes on it, it's lack of traction, and a slight lack of pulling power.  The remotes could be added, for a price.  It has the wider industrial style tires which makes it float better but hurts the traction.  The hydrostat and relatively low weight hurtsit in the pulling department.  He had to use 4WD and sometimes the differencial lock to pull my one bottom plow.  Otherwise it's a great machine.  We've used it for many many jobs, some of which it was underrated for.  Just a few things you may want to consider from my own experience with one.
Later,
Brad
Warning! Blind man with a tractor! Head for the hills!
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 5:33am
I'm a Mahindra fan! Check out their line of compacts
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 3:36pm
check with Robert McKim, McKim Tractor Service , Oskaloosa, Ia .  641-673-7858 .  He has always sold the smaller A-C , AGCO, MF , Soimplicity etc , and he pulls A-C tractors.  He will give you the Advice you need and may know of a deal for you.  Good Luck.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:49am
Son is building a lot of attachments for these Compact tractors now along with his shid loader attachments - seems many people are going this route now for utility tractors - instead of skid loaders or older farm tractors - but then US manufactures don't seem to build anything under 100 HP or larger now for home owner or small contractor use . 
  One problem I have seen with these compact tractor with loaders is , units are not balanced for loader use and lite in rear , so unless 4 WD they lose traction quickly.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:34pm
Bought a New Mahindra hydrostatic, 26 hp, belly mower, loader, backhoe. Very happy with it after 2 years. Does more work than I ever imagined for its size. Attachments are made in the USA. Belly mower does a very good job on my lawn. Also has the skid steer loader. Bucket is easy on, easy off, Bobcat pallet forks I bought used work great on the loader also. Highly recommend one.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:08am
My Neighbor bought a small Mahindra and was amazed by two things (so was I:

-The quality of the machine
-The quality of the sales/service

Those machines are everywhere around here now and I have never heard a bad thing about them.
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic