This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little pricey but...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little pricey but...
    Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:41pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:59pm
NICE !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
savedallis1953 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savedallis1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:54am
Wow! Looks like new. Good for you.
1953 WD, 1953 WD, WD engine with WD-45 crankshaft.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:03am
I remember seeing this piece at a local show around 2012. I'm pretty sure its the same one. The pictures don't do this machine any justice. Its a sweeet Dozer to say the least!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:05am
Fair price for a nice piece
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:39am
One has to remember these machines are OLD - they still work and still have value to us but to take out and earn a living with - NO WAY anymore . 
 I still have my HD5G but seldom use it as a skid loader will load a truck faster , the 715B TLB will do just as much loading or pushing things - and for other jobs the FD5 dozer has more power as well as a 3 speed power shift that can be used as machine is moving . 
 Sentimental value is what is left in using the old machines and after all having 3 arms and matching number of feet so one can control everything to do a job is something just us old cat skinners have - them new kids just don't understand how a hand clutch on one side and 2 steering clutches work while one hand controls bucket depth and curl while also raising loader arms and using foot to apply brake while pulling the steering clutch lever 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 1:48pm
Have to Laugh, our renter got field hung up with a feed truck, called the house needed a pull. Grabbed batteries and fired off the 7G never once even strained or tried to grunt. He asked if batteries would be in it from now on said Sure. He asked how hard to run as has a 955K, sat him in seat, did not understand hand clutches. We took a ride, said a lot going on, maybe more than he could wrangle so would leave my monster to me!! He is almost 40 and never seen so many levers outside of a excavator or backhoe.

Edited by DMiller - 23 Mar 2019 at 1:49pm
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 4:05pm
Better for you and machine that he don't mess with it Dave.

iceberg210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceberg210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Have to Laugh, our renter got field hung up with a feed truck, called the house needed a pull. Grabbed batteries and fired off the 7G never once even strained or tried to grunt. He asked if batteries would be in it from now on said Sure. He asked how hard to run as has a 955K, sat him in seat, did not understand hand clutches. We took a ride, said a lot going on, maybe more than he could wrangle so would leave my monster to me!! He is almost 40 and never seen so many levers outside of a excavator or backhoe.

This is why I feel lucky I was raised both on a D3 and a TD6, so now I can work the two HD4's we have no problem even though I'm 29. Lucky to have worked on old equipment, they might take a little more getting used to than new stuff but I'm not sure there's anything as fun.

Beautiful dozer, they did a great job on it, now just needs some paint rubbed off the bucket with dirt ;)

Edited by iceberg210 - 27 Mar 2019 at 9:46am
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
that is fantastic
HD3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic