This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another shortage coming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another shortage coming
    Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:38am
If you use a lot of Olive Oil you might want to see this but then again maybe not.

[TUBE]ZtDP0N7J9wA[/TUBE]

Edited by chaskaduo - 15 Mar 2019 at 9:39am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:02am
How many bottles you want me to box up for you? I don't have any but not far go get you some.Wink I can insult the old "extra,extra virgin" sales lady by not spending an hour or 2 tasting 44 flavors.LOL My son wanted a bottle of fresh pressed high dollor brand as a gift,and the one is 4 miles from my door. She thought I should have the whole tasting expereance Wink, didn't like I was just the flunky.LOL  Then she really Angry ,when I told her I'm northern European we milk cows and use butter.LOL

A patch of olive trees where just bull dozed in that I could see from my back door. They were only 10 years old or so. Apparently not as fun for the citybots to grow as grapes.LOL They did haul a few loads off in big end dumps to transplant. They generally like the old naralled up ones for landscaping.

If your not trying to impress someone with how rich you are chaskadue probably just stock up on what the grocery store have.Wink Even though I was not raised on olive oil and don't want it on my bread I would help a orange brother if you want.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:25am
We see that same aspect Ray, I live in MO Wine country.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Hey thanks Ray you be a heck of a fella Thumbs Up. I posted the vid for info for others that my be Olive Oil diehards. I myself rarely use it. I and probably like you, prefer butter, bacon, and peanut oil myself.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:05pm
Must be pretty slow growing that they have 1,000 year old trees. You would think they would replant and the newer ones would produce better.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:51pm
tradition, tradition, tradition.....what was good enough for papa, gran papa, gran,gran,gran papa HAS to be good for me....

re: vineyards
they're ripping older ones up here, 6' on center and posting 4' on center to gain more grapes per acre...also selling off their BIG tractors for Kubotas, to get between the rows !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 5:20pm
When in the army we went to the island of Crete Greece to fire out. All they had was goat meat cooked in olive oil, bout starved to death
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by SteveMaskey(MO) SteveMaskey(MO) wrote:

When in the army we went to the island of Crete Greece to fire out. All they had was goat meat cooked in olive oil, bout starved to death

LOL Sorry, but it sounds funny now. Maybe not so when you were there.
 Dad would never eat squirrel meat when us kids went huntin. Mom said he claimed it reminded him of something they served at Fort Knox during the war, that always had hair in it. Dead
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:26pm
Had some ground up old sheep free once, I'm told it's called mutton. Did not like it at all. Now when my niece tried it, man she loved it and wanted all of the 20lbs I had. I've heard that lamb is much milder and a little different flavor profile, but I have not run across any below $7lb minimum. I can buy good beef, pork, or poultry that I know I'll like for that price. I'm not cheap just frugal.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:21pm
Chas...now we've had that conversation about "cheap and frugal" before with that ole Joe...and "cheap" won out! lol one night we babysitting for a family and they said to cook up anything out of their freezer we wanted! found sum hamburger and was was cooking it up and it smelled funny to us, thought maybe it was in the freezer to long and spoiled. we pitched it and grabbed another package...strated to fry that up and it smelled the same way...weird! then I discovered why...on the package it was stamped "lambburger" not "hamburger"! PfffffT! that was nasty!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:25pm
we used to use a little olive oil cooking on the grill, but now use butter or canola oil, some things still call for a little olive oil, but a bottle will last us a long time. oh...and if ypou read the labels on the bottles, every one of them say the same thing, there is no difference (cept for price) of any of the different olive oils...extra extra virgin to non virgin oils.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:52pm
I've never seen one of them ' non virgin ' ones......  They must be coming through Nebraska, or just not getting past Nebraska......

Me, I'm using nothing but coconut oil.  It's REALLY good for you too.  You just have to watch the temp, as it's a LOW heat oil.  My Sister LOVES it on popcorn,,,,, I've never had the guts to try just that, I like my butter toooooo much.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 12:29am
I'm way to frugal (that's my story and I'm stickin to it) for coconut oil that's not coconutty tasting. I hear palm oil is what they use at the theatre.
Bull View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:26am
When I was in high school out FFA chapter had a popcorn popper. We used coconut oil in it.
WD45 Diesel, RC,CA,IB, B, G, 616, Early B-10, D-10, Terra Tiger, 95G spreader, SC blade
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:57am
geez guys, you are making me feel a little self conscious! My bride and I use a lot of olive oil! and there is a big difference between the cheap stuff and higher end stuff. That is not to say all expensive olive oil is better. and, one must be very cautious with imported olive oil. quite often they send lessor quality for higher prices because they think we are too stupid to know the difference.
funny thing is I doubt there was ever olive oil in the house when I was growing up....just corn oil....or vegetable oil. I discovered olive oil when I discovered my Italian bride. now I'm hooked....on both
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Originally posted by SteveMaskey(MO) SteveMaskey(MO) wrote:

LOL Sorry, but it sounds funny now. Maybe not so when you were there.
 Dad would never eat squirrel meat when us kids went huntin. Mom said he claimed it reminded him of something they served at Fort Knox during the war, that always had hair in it. Dead

I performed my Basic at Knox, was at one time the last Horse Cavalry Station in the US, we could ride them at the Base Stables. Well My grandfather served their Chihuahua horse meat when I was a kid as very temperamental gut on the critter so KNOW and KNEW that texture as well color, none of the other enlistees knew but I did when we were served Horse in Basic, NO DOUBT in my mind was Horse.   Heard lots of guys mention they could not ID the cut of "Steak" they were being issued but sure was good!!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 12:08pm
This Dutchman grew up with Frenchman and English that thought they could raise a few sheep out with the cows. Dang cheap suckers Wink grow more meat on the same acres.LOL And it worked I think.

Then they pay my old dad off by giving him a lamb. He made sure they didn't slip an old ewe off on him Wink,just young lambs. So I grew up eating some lamb, and good lamb is as good as it gets. Beside Wink "10 million coyotes can not be wrong".LOLLOLLOL  A few 100 thousand mountain lion also think they are the best as well. LOL  And when it became illegal to kill big cats about killed raising sheep around here also.Angry Dumm citydots should all starve. Oh well gets closer Confused every day Confused with that climate change protest Confused of school kids.Confused I better sit down now, before I start something.LOLLOLLOL

If I had lamb more often maybe it would get so I didn't like it so much. Cause my Wonderfull will not pay $7 a lb for it( she thinks if good too) but does buy them out when they get down to $3 lb.Wink Yeap I be cheap.Clap

Back to them trees with them oily little fruits. Wink Mediterranean climate think a lot of dry times. Old trees that have grown there roots way down deep Wink real deep and way out better than a 100 feet from the stump do better in drought times. A good farmer know how to save sweat and not have to haul water to new trees to compete with the old ones. I have not heard that old trees olives taste better, but some the wino experts believe that big,BIG, time. But I don't Wink know Wink I save my tasters for good meat.ClapClapClapClapClapClap
But most likely if buy Cally olive oil it will be from real close planted young trees watered to grow like crazy,Wink to make citydot corporate big shot rich. Oh yes them foreigners think we are not so smart LOLWink  Always theirs mark it as he "good stuff.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic