This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing down the roof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bringing down the roof
    Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 9:18am
Well after dodging a number of roof caves in around town we finally got hit . A small section of our production office caved in normally it wouldn't be a big deal but our water main and internet both went through that one are so no ters or Internet for us which means work is basically at a stand still I'm sure till end of the week. With all our lasers and press brakes being hooked up to the web they're useless without it even us in shipping can't do much with out the web so be interesting to see what happens at work the rest of the week. Nine inches of wet heavy crap came down sat couple other local businesses had the same thing happen. If it had been anywhere else in the building we probably wouldn't be in much trouble but they basically hit our magazine and now the ship is on fire and sinking lol
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
With the rain perdicted for many areas here in MN that might be next problem for many . Seems a lot of large dairy operations have had problems with roof collapse also as wel la many schools in Southern MN have engineering studies done as roof sag is noticable and the flat roof snow load exceeds the design - shovelers are busy . 
 Ice dam on housed are real problematic also now also - kind of wondering if I should shovel off my roof on house or just let it melt off . Shop building roof has been free of snow - enough heat loss - the snow has melted and slid off 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:53pm
LOTS of that going on around this area Cody.  Especially after the last storm, which was VERY wet and heavy!!  Do you still get paid?  for sittin on the back side of your lap?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:34pm
Our trucks got loaded last night so we went out today same as always . They restored our internet and plumbing so life will be sort of back to normal tomorrow
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:59pm
Nobody got hurt, that's the main thing. It will get cleaned in time. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:57pm
glad you wasn't in there when it went down Cody! my down spouts finally started to drain out today, all the rain gutters are frozen solid and over flowing with ice, but the roof is clear now! can't get bACK to the east, dunno if I have any machine sheds still standing..
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:18am
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:00am
I've never understood the 'flat roof' or very low pitched roof. It just 'wrong'. I suppose they're cheap(less materials and labour) to install but when they fail, it's $$$$!
I am wondering if there's a 'best' orientation to reduce snow accumulation, say ridge facing nto the prevailing winds?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic