This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poopy day here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poopy day here!
    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 2:49pm
Had a poopy line back-up in the basement last night.  My youngest son was able to bring a electric snake home from his work today, and then we started.  Down this line, down this one, did 4 different lines / clean-outs with now luck.   Nothing on the end of the snake when we pulled it out.   I was about ready to jump off a bridge!!!  My oldest son said try this one more time, and did.  No luck, pulled the snake out, and ready to call it a day, then we heard a wooosh sound, and the crap went south!!! lol

Took a shower, got cleaned up, smelled pretty bad, and going out to dinner with the wife and my boys!!!   A bad day got better!!SmileThumbs Up

Edited by Dave in PA - 09 Mar 2019 at 2:53pm
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 2:59pm
Might call a professional with a heavier longer snake see if you don't have a root wad building up in the piping.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:19pm
We are going to.  Sean can get a camera, going to go that route, and look!  Chad was watching the outside pipe at the time, and seen a big white clump go by the outside vent pipe stack, for we are on a sewage system. Not to be graphic here, but I did ask a few questions as for who, or what, might of been flushed in the past few days!!!!  Not sure, what, but working fine now. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:22pm
had any citytype visitors recently ? They don't know 'proper septic proceedures'.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:16pm
grandkids missing a Teddy Bear ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:35pm
Na Steve.  Dave doesn't have grand kids yet.  If anyone is missing a teddy bear, it is probably Dave.  LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:37pm
Nobody likes that job but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:49pm
About a month ago my 11 Y. O. grand daughter was washing her hands after using the John and bumped a stick of deodorant.  Yep, it fell into the toilet mid flush.  Went down to the sharp bend in the toilet and wedged there.  I went and got the wrenches and pulled the toilet of the floor and got the deodorant dislodged and took it out.  When I tried to hand it to her, she wouldn't touch it.  Wonder why?????

She made me throw out a perfectly good stick of deodorant.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:25am
That's funny. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:29pm
Yeah and they usually don't want to shake you hand either...
Somebody has to do it...

As Pat the plumber would say,,,,,,your chit is my bread and butter....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 3:08pm
Sounds you were going though the clog and it was so thick it could not move until you got some water to seep through and loosen it up . Professional term is SAUSAGE . Water jetters make quick work of it but are expensive and they don't like cold . Job well done!!! Now go wash your hands.

I am number 1 in the number 2 business
Smells like money
Dont tailgate or I will flush ; septic truck bumper sticker

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 11 Mar 2019 at 3:11pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:08pm
Water jetting lines works great but the proper way is to feed the line from downstream end with a a nozel that pulls hose up the pipe - so when it's pulled back it washes and scoures the pipe clean . 
 Seems a big problem now are WET WIPES or cleaning wipes - even though they say flushable DON'T FLUSH THEM especially in a septic system . 
 I just got a call from another contractor - it seems here as we did not get snow until Fed that amounted to much - FROZEN DRAIN-FIELDS were the start of the problems - and now FROZEN TANKS are causing problems - not the lines but the tanks themselves are turning to ice or septage popsicles  . There a couple floating stock tank heaters might solve problem after a few days or week or so depending on depth of ice . 
 This is even with people home and using systems , and not the people who go on vacation for couple weeks and come home to find they cant flush a 3rd time . 
 One of other problems is high efficiency  furnaces that discharge directly to sewer pipe as a trickle of water down pipe will freeze and slowly build a ice dam . 
 MN septic code calls for maximum depth to top of tank of 4 ft so tanks are put in shallow - then a sheet of high density foam added to top and then covered - problem is frost goes down now over 6' and the sides of tank get cold enough to freeze contents of tanks . 
 Other problems are on pump tanks where discharge line from pump has settled or has a check valve which prevents drainback of line to drainfield - I use to drill a 1/8" hole in elbow of line leaving the tank (facing downward) this allowed drainback and also kind of flushed off pump and floats as well as ny floating material in pump tank was agitated some . 
  MN Pollution Control Agency which governs septic systems here in MN seems to have adopted many rules from warmer climates and has forgotten it gets COLD HERE in winter .  
 I installed a septic system in a municipal water well pumping station - Line from building to tank was 100' from building because of the well setback needed . The line froze up and they hired another contractor to come in and steam the line open . He claimed the line had a sag in it that caused the freeze up . 
 When ground had thawed - I went in and exposed the full 100+ feet of line with inspector there to check grade on line - was 1/4" to foot with no sags or low spots -- found out then they had a dripping faucet on check bench and that small drip built a ice dam in line just about 30' beyond building foundation 
 Got paid for my backhoe and shovel work - they fixed the faucet !  Contractor who said the line was sagging - well he is on their no call list now .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:27pm
A cheap trick I use is if you have a spigot to put a garden hose on then put on a bladder that comes in different sizes. Easily found at the home improvement stores.Take line apart or put it down the clean out aimed away from the building as far as possible. Turn the water on and try to pull it out. You won't be able to move it. Go to lunch, wash hands well first, and return hopefully to an open sewer. If you have roots in the line it will clean them off enough so it's at least working so you can schedule a better time or better weather to eel or dig.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic