This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hey you silly Canadians....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hey you silly Canadians....
    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:28am
you left the doors open again! brrrrrrrrrrrr….
Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 9:24am

We's got a good reason for that.  We's tryin' to get it so cold down there that the water lines feedin' that danged machine of yourn freezes solid for a long time!!!
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 9:26am
Thanks Phil sure hope it works
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

you left the doors open again! brrrrrrrrrrrr….

Hitch Wink them puppies up to your sled and go close it. LOL
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
hey Phil, I fully endorse what you are trying to do.  I to want to find a way to shut down that darn machine.  I just want to find a warmer way of doing it.    BRRRRRRRRR.  Wink
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm
Sun sure is shining nice today but only into the 30s. Don't like the talk from weatherman for Sunday, one says we could get 5" of snow in the afternoon
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:18pm
They're talking we're going to get it first. Memories of 1960.  Leon
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 7:03pm
Build the Wall,, for a wind break.
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm

Hi everyone.
   I think that we should get Alberta Phil to demonstrate the benefits of an 'Alberta Clipper' . Send it directly to Shameless.
   Shameless, the City of Toronto want to thank you for the record setting snowfall that you heaped onto them yesterday. Mark that on your statistics records.
   As for me, I live at the H W edge of Toronto: but, I am suffering with 85F. hot sunny days in Naples, FL. all winter.
   Ross.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:10pm
Was nice here today. Temps just around 0c (31 F), but, tonight it's taken another dive down closer to -30F or lower and s'posed to stay very cold for at least another couple of weeks. Not much snow coming, but I'll leave the door open so you guys can experience the cold that makes us "silly Canadians" so hardy and tough!! LOL
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:58pm
Sunday high for SW iowa is supposed to be 3? I thought march signaled the start of spring usually? I need to remember to take a pickshure of thet pile of pretty outside tomorrow.  Largest pile I've ever assembled here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Les Royer Les Royer wrote:

Sunday high for SW iowa is supposed to be 3? I thought march signaled the start of spring usually? I need to remember to take a pickshure of thet pile of pretty outside tomorrow.  Largest pile I've ever assembled here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

About the size of that pile; are you bragging or complaining.....?
Darrel
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:22pm
So Ross, how much is the record snowfall?  Is it for the day or the month?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:46am
   John, traditionally, Toronto does not get a lot of snow. It only takes a about 5 or 6 cm (2 to 3") of snow to completely tie up the city. Couple that with a constant wind, and it becomes a nightmare.
   On Wed. Feb. 27, 2019 the existing snowfall record for that day was 12,4cm (5"). That day, 18cm (7") fell. Total chaos.   
   Ross.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:41am
I got 6" of white fluffies here and so far 2 trips to chiropractor this week, nuther on Monday... I am NOT picking up another snow shovel.....
Nobody( OK, very,very few) know HOW to drive in snow anymore. They all figure they can drive on bald tires, yap on phones and do 80MPH on the highways here.....DOH !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
A-C_220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C_220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:56pm
It was nice and warm out this afternoon, there was no wind freezing your fingers either. I think the ice might have got a chance to melt a bit

Edited by A-C_220 - 01 Mar 2019 at 8:57pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 11:30pm
Jayb, I thought WE had the corner market on all them dumbazz drivers....

This one winter will be remembered for a long time!!  Most amount of snow in a day/month/year......  It can QUIT anytime now.

Phil, you can shut them doors anytime now too,,,,,,,we gotta start doin a little thawing,,,,a LITTLE at a time....  We're set to bust open the flood gates as well.  I'll have to look up the highest we've ever had and add about 15" to it.... 

It don't look good, and it won't be purty.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Nobody( OK, very,very few) know HOW to drive in snow anymore. They all figure they can drive on bald tires, yap on phones and do 80MPH on the highways here.....DOH !

Jay... sounds like you guys need a border wall to keep all the folks from Atlanta from sneaking north through the Poutine Curtain... LOL

But serious reality here... it's not my first rodeo for a harsh winter, but consider for a few moments... the large quantity of snow accumulation from basically southern Iowa, central Illinois, and northward.

Typically, when spring comes slowly, and there's not much rain, the snow melts and soaks in a little-at-a-time.  That's because the frostline, regardless of how deep, thaws from the top down... and as long as there's frozen beneath it, the moisture up-top has no place to go.

When an aggressive winter ends late, temperatures go from extreme cold, with lots of snow and ice, to really warm FAST.  That means all the melt, becomes runoff, so a fast, nasty flood just about everywhere.

That's what we're in for this year.  I don't know how much snow is waiting up in Minnkota, but I'm betting the Red River watershed will thaw PDQ, and all the snow and ice will head straight for Winnepeg... I hope they're ready for it... Shocked

To my south... the Ohio and Tennessee valleys are already seeing the future.  If we're LUCKY, those watersheds will thaw and drain BEFORE the Upper Mississippi valley, and the upper Ohio, and the upper Missouri river valley thaws... that'll at least keep the lower Miss from taking a phenominal beating.

Please, everybody... be ready... it don't take an English degree to read the writing on the wall.Wink
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:16pm
Yes and they say we have Global Warming
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic