This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 projects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 projects
    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:38pm
I haven't worked on a lot of things Allis since harvest ended but I did get a couple of lift arm links for one of my plows loosened up the other day. They have been sitting in My basement for about three years, was really glad to get them loose. They came off a parts plow and will go on one I bought that someone had replaced them with chain. It's in great shape, been repainted, has great wear parts, beaming screw is loose.

Feel free to post what you are working on this year.

Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 2:20pm
Mike,
I like to get things like that working again. I used parts from two sets of plows when I refurbed the set of SC 3 bottom 14's! Was very nice to have all the adjustments working to set the plows properly too!

My current project is not AC related but I will give you folks a look:
1980's bathroom upgrade,
The old, rip out everything, including the blue tub and sink!

Cut the one piece tub into 4 pcs.

Vanity fell apart before I could get it out of the room!

Start fresh:
Trial fit of new 4 piece tub shower unit. Was 1 inch longer than the old one so lots of whittling!

re plumb the fixtures for the tub/ shower

Shower panels installed and rough plaster board work.

Plaster, primer, paint: (dont look too close!)

Vinyl flooring finished today. some trim, plumbing upgrades, then will set the toilet.

Sorry it wasnt orange related!:)
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 2:46pm

Hopefully this March I'll get a clutch throwout bearing put in this. 
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 3:32pm
That's a good lookin rig Creston.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 4:01pm
Thank you!
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 4:47pm
You guys are ambibitous ! I still have a project I started in 2010 !  my WC 262  has been stalled for lack of a shop. I hope to build a shop/garage this year and complete the wireing and governor controls first ( hand and foot throttles) some grab handles and beverage holders, etc Paint can wait, I just want to drive it!!!!!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 5:19pm
Doesn't sound like you have an ambition problem Gary.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:48am
Chris, that is a great project for the off season. I hate home improvement type stuff!

One other thing I've been working on is a 50A mower deck for my 1650 Cub. This is the only picture I have of it. Just about done, just need to clean and paint the belt cover and put the wheels on.

One other little one, was given a Brinley plow for garden tractor. Just trying to get the adjustments loose and shined up for working piece.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:11am
Here's just one of mine, WD45-D with a bad block, this is what I started out with.
and here's what's going back in.

Edited by Don(MO) - 20 Feb 2019 at 10:15am
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
Don, that's going to make for another happy 45D owner!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:34pm
Mike,
 The deck looks very good! Hard to find a good one!
The plow is a good project too! I got a bug several years ago and did a bunch of Cub Cadet implements for show!

Don, 
Good talking to you today. Hope you try that cleaning project we talked about. That old block has seen better days!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
KerryM View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:46pm
Mike - Good job! Glad you are making progress!

Don, that block looks awesome!

Sugarmaker...you are a brave soul! Bathrooms always end up so much more involved than you think in the begiining. Good work!

I can't seem to find time to do anything I would like to. This winter has been kicking my a**
1950 C, 1952 CA, 1961 D17 (Dads last tractor)

1944 Farmall B, 1947 Farmall B, Bobcat 610
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:59pm
Working on the NTM 7060PS I bought in July. Date on oil filters show them to be 10 years old. Oil change, replaced all engine filters. Sealed some leaks underneath at drain plugs, and a test plug on the side of transmission. Pulled the roof and cleaned. Removed what was left of a CB radio. Cleaned cab and installed a cab kit. My accountant helped me reupholster the seat. There was no foam left on the seat bottom. Glad she likes to sew. Removed the Rush Limbaugh only radio and made a radio delete plate. Will use the control openings for light switches when we get the light bars. Installed  new Bluetooth compatible radio and speakers. Repacked front wheel bearings with new seals. Put rock wool in the space between cab roof and ceiling. Also in the console area. Hope to post some pics soon.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:12pm
Lookin' good there Don. The trans has been getting noisier as time goes by on my D17D and the lift arms don't hold anything up more than about 10 minutes, the PTO lever seal leaks, and the power director jumps out of high. I have finally acquired all of the bearings, seals, gaskets, EVERYTHING to rebuild the trans, PD, hydraulic pump, and torque tube IF Shameless would shut that blasted contraption of his off...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:29am
Wow Plummerscarin and Brian Jasper are really doing some nice AC work! Cant wait to see pictures too!
Lots of Cab updates sound like it will make a much nice ride in the 7060 and the D17 work may give me some ideas about mine should I ever have issues! Both big projects.
Regards,
 Chris
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:25am
Some great projects undertaken, be nice to see some pics!

If the weather ever starts to cooperate, I've got some good outdoor type projects lined up. The CA is getting a new manifold/muffler combo. It needs a brake job, I really hope to get that done early. Would also like to put some car tires on the front for less turf damage while mowing.

Chris, how's the sugar-making going? Something that has interested me for a long time, have lots of Silver Maples around here and plenty of firewood!
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:55pm
I have quite a few projects lined up for this year.  Am in the process of rebuilding the engine in my 45d, have to pick up an engine I bought in Minnesota for my 190XT, finish up the 829 mo-co so I can use it to mow hay this year, reassemble a 90 combine that I bought from a forum member here, get my roto baler going and figure out why my C2 will not rev when the throttle lever is moved.  Needless to say I have a busy year ahead of me.

Leonard
B, 1950 WD, 3 1955 WD45, 1955 WD45D, 1969 190XT, 90 All Crop, Gleaner C2, and multiple sc implements, a david bradly rake and poo spreader(grandpa's), Deutz Allis 440HD small square baler, and others
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 3:23am
Putting up a greenhouse early. Gotta buy steel and finish the add on for the food processing plant. Get Dad's B with the belly mower running, clean up the dead and down trees in the lane going back to the timber. Clan out my darn machine shed. It's got 20+ years of stuff in there. Replace carpet in the motor home, pour 2 or 3 sidewalks, paint LP tank. Put apartment together above the food processing plant. Guys since I retired this darn lost ain't getting any shorter. Shucks this is just my list, it don't include hers.
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:54am
I would be happy if I could get my fall tillage done from 2018.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by wekracer wekracer wrote:

I would be happy if I could get my fall tillage done from 2018.

I hear that! Didn't even try to do any, ground was frozen before I got the corn out. That actually worked to my benefit with all the mud last fall.

When I started this thread I was just thinking about my winter projects, now you guys have me thinking about all the things I need to do for the warm weather part of the year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic