This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone use an Insta-pot ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone use an Insta-pot ?
    Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:53am
Girlfriends been whooping it up with the Insat-pot, like a modern day pressure cooker, dam quick and shes making good stuff, anyone use one ? Seems really quick and easy

Edited by DougG - 10 Feb 2019 at 1:21pm
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:58am
At thanksgiving a couple of my great nieces had them... one said they liked it, the other was still on a learning curve.   the stuff that came out was good

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:30pm
Hannah has one. She has made some great food in it!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:40pm
Yep, wife went out and got one, used the heck out of it for about a month, it's on the shelf in the basement with all the other, "had to have," gadgets.
Maximum use of available resources!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:21pm
We have one and think that it will never take a place on a storage shelf.

Yep a learning curve, but it sure knocks out some awsum dishes.  Made the venison stew almost taste like beef, maybe it was the seasoning.  Confused
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm
the old lady....oooops...I mean the loving wife bought me one for Christmas...it is a modern day pressure cooker and I like it! I was always scared of the pressure cooker my parents used, it sure cuts down on a lot of time while making good eats. don't really heat up the kitchen. i'll be back on the grills and smoker as soon as it warms up again. have ya'll done hard boiled eggs in it yet? do I like it? YEP!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm
My daughter had one she never used. It's MINE now Wink I have made chili in it, cooked down a big beef soup bone and made great veg beef soup.
 I like it. You can brown meat in it, then throw in whatever else you want to cook with it, set it and walk away. Only one pot to clean and it can go in the fridge with a cover on it if you don't wanna dirty another dish to store the leftovers in.
 My sister has done all kinds of great meals in hers, it just takes a bit of learning, and WAY less time to fix a meal.
 You can toss your crock pot too, because it will cook like any crock pot.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:47pm
Soon as ya toss the crock pot the insta pot goes bad. Never ever fails.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
I would toss both crock pots on a shelf in the basement Big smile
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:11pm
I've been using one for 2 years I made pork chops in saur kraut and roast potatoes this week. Beef roast roast with potatoes and carrots. And beef stew last week. I use it 2 or 3 times a week. I have a stacking insert for
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:17pm
Friends daughter bought him an air fryer.  He really likes it.  Seems everyday he tells me about something new he cooked in it.  No shrimp tho!!! LOL

My brother used to make canned beef in a pressure cooker.  Cheapest cut of beef and the best tasting I ever had.  Just open the jar, scoop the fat off the top and toss it and enjoy the beef!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:25pm
yes, wife has one and loves it, 3 meals at least per week. real quick, easy clean-up.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:38pm
I also have an air fryer, it's good for some things, but not all things, like the insta pot isn't good for all things either. can't wait for grilling outside again!! I have a cheat sheet for the insta pot if any of ya'll want it, i'll list it.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:34pm
Well list away buddy!!  That was kinda a dumb question wasn't it?  Did ja notice?? I gots me a NEW pokin stick!  you're the second guy I got to try it out on!  Seems to be working real well.

We tried one of them air fryers and it went back right away....
I've been thinking about getting one of these but I'm leery now after that fiasco.  I'll keep watching to see how youse guys like this thing yet.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:56pm
Ted...I cooked up a beef roast (2.5 lbs) today, along with taters and added a few onions...came out awesum, will have nuff to eat tomarrow night too. them air fryers work well with breaded stuff, like breaded chicky, breaded fish, breaded shrimp. onion rings, French fries, usually takes bouts 15 minutes to cook that stuff in them.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:03pm
I don't have an insta pot. I have a couple of stove top pressure cookers 4 & 6 quart, I also have a Presto 6 quart chicken bucket deep fryer that works great. I've been doing sous vide cooking with an Anova for a couple years now, and its fantastic for chuck, rump, round, butt etc. Just got to plan well ahead, like 1-1/2 to 2 days, tender tender tender. I would probably like an insta pot, if I were given one. I can't justify purchasing one when I have 3 pressure cookers and 2 canners already.

I also have 2 Nordic Microwave Pressure Cookers I inherited.

Edited by chaskaduo - 10 Feb 2019 at 11:38pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:04pm
o-k...here we go: chicky breasts-10 mins. chicky thighs- 10 mins. whole chicky-6 mins per lb. pork/beef roasts-15 mins per lb. boneless ribs-25 mins. corn on the cob- 4 mins. fish fillet-3-4 mins. meat balls-7 mins. eggs (in shell)- 4-5 mins. pork chops-5 mins. whole taters-13 mins. wild rice-20-25 mins. chopped veggies-3 mins. quick oats-1 min. NOW WRITE THIS DOWN AND DON"T LOSE IT! I've used all these times, and they are spot on!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:38pm
There are times when I needed one .
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:42pm
Guess I better grab on to a couple or 3, one for the camper, one for the ferd bus, and 1 for the kitchen counter. I can assure you there won't be no stinky old chicken cooking in them.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:15am
we ate goat cheeze on crackers for a snack yesterday, then had a beef roast with taters and onions done in the insta pot last night! Tom...you must be skinny, from all the good things you won't eat! (poke,poke) lol
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:20am
kids favorite bag of frozen ravioli  bag of frozen meat balls and a can of spaghetti sauce plus 1 cup water set the insta pot for 6 minutes and walk away. it cooks and goes to keep warm. I like pork chops saute in small amount of butter with chopped onions just sear both sides till they have a crisp color pour the kraut in lay the chopped potatoes on top and set it for 50 minutes if the chops were frozen 30 minutes if they were thawed. be real gentle removing them they are fall  apart done.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:05pm
one of my favorite dish's is skinless chicky in the dutch oven with either cream of mushroom or cream of chicky soup poured over it all, I haven't got a time period on this as it's different depending on the outside weather. I just keep checking it's doneness.
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 1:08pm
I have one I use weekly.
Sure saves time and does a great job.

HD3
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 3:44pm
doin another roast in the insta pot today along with sum red taters, sure sounds good for these COLD winter days!
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:58pm
THEN turn the machine off, things might warm up!! 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 3:00pm
Wife has chili in the crook pot for supper and it sure is smelling good
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 4:37pm
We had chicken noodle soup made in the Instapot yesterday. This afternoon there is a mess of chili cookin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic