This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worlds largest steam tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worlds largest steam tractor
    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:24am
I am a fan of steam engines. I just happened across this artical. Look it up, I don't know to make appear here. Case 150 Hp.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:45am
is that the one featured in farm show magazine? I went into their website and read about the making of that thing! the operator said that was the first time he drove a tractor and looked down at the cab roofs of combines! go to: www.Anderson-industries.com
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:09am
I always loved the smell and the sounds of those old steamengines since the first time I seen one... and how quiet they are when they are in idle mode and when they get down to working, the life in them.   Here are several links below...

This link is youtube link to many vids.

This vid should have links to a whole lot of other links to this engine...

[TUBE]be40gY1UcF4?list=PLdXZRV3EJAQlg-Cy01KIHvtXs-cflPi6w[/TUBE]
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:18pm
I was there, saw them plow with it.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:39pm
Yes, that big machine was on here before
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:15pm
I could talk about the 150 for days from the 260 some hp to 8k torque to the fact it pulls up to 50 bottoms when originally tested. Holds 600 gallons of water and 70 tons of coal it's a real Earth shaker it'll be at rollag next year you won't want to miss. Thousands of hours spent building and designing and one million dollars . Definitely something that shapes our time we helped deliver parts for this might beast https://youtu.be/Bn6pYh44f6Y
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:29pm
Thanksfor posting the video.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 12:13am
70 tons of coal Cody????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic