This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hughes net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hughes net
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:01pm
Old gal signed us up on this on Monday. They came out on wed and installed/hooked it up. So far it has been far better than before. she had us tethered thru the phone company, US Cellular. Slooooooow. Gots a big ol disk on the south side of the house now. I actually got to watch the Hutch show on her tablet last night. I couldn't do that before. Dad gumed old brain, I can't remember the name of the site we watched it on. Im wondering how many more AC sites/videos that are out there?
Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
how much does that run you
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:25pm
I dont know the cost. It's the old gals doings. She's convinced it will help the business we have here. It's her business, I'm just the gofor/guy that does the physical work. I just watched the 2 videos from Hutch, 2017/2018. With sound. First time I've ever been able to do that. Saw some AC promo films too. Seems to work good. I was a looking for ol Shamelesses in some of those moving pictures. Not sure he was in any of them.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:31am
did you see Creston's stuck combine? did you see Darrel G chasing me around the grounds keeping track of me?
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:21am
Had Hugesnet here a few years ago, Had to dump them as they got crazy on everything. Had limits on the amount of usage and couldn't watch vids at all. Too slow. Never did work right from the first day. THEY said it was our location that was the problem, (excuses) , so after 2 years we dumped them.
Got this local wireless guy now, relay is 3 miles away. 3" x6" box on a 30' tower I put up in east yard, underground wire to house then across basement, up to router and it does work. Not DSL but not near thr cost! At least it works! thanks; ac fleet
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:56pm
I have Hughes net, over 5 years.
videos are very slow to load and will use alot of your data.
And if someone links in with a cellphone, the data usage is goes in high gear.
It does work well for working on my online stores.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
we have the 'D-link' thru UScell and it's super fast, with 2 computers running!   Took hughes net out years ago for the same problems described above.    Had to pay for them to take it out!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:20pm
We had EXEDE which I suspect a division of Hughes net, slower than snot, and as noted Oh you need more gB/minute that'll be$$$ Oh you need more video speed, tha'll be$$$, switched off them paid to have a phone line brought to house and STILL cheaper over two years than a year of that dish service, PLUS I do not lose transmission in storms and DSL as well FASTER.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:24pm
We have the high speed internet/phone line 1.5 miles away. They can't get the signal down the hill to us. The guy that lives at the top of the hillqq works for the phone company. We are 1/2 mile down the hill. He has it, we can't get it. She iust said $59.95 per month. Everything is unlimited. I don't know if it is a promo. Shameless that part of the video is the only fuzzy part of it. It's working good so far, but it's only been a week ,we'll see.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

We have the high speed internet/phone line 1.5 miles away. They can't get the signal down the hill to us. The guy that lives at the top of the hillqq works for the phone company. We are 1/2 mile down the hill. He has it, we can't get it. She iust said $59.95 per month. Everything is unlimited. I don't know if it is a promo. Shameless that part of the video is the only fuzzy part of it. It's working good so far, but it's only been a week ,we'll see.

It is unlimited, but after you use 10G or 20G in the month (depends on your plan), your speed will be cut way back.
A cellphone link to it, watching a movie, can use 1G in a hour.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Has to be a promo because they don't do anything unlimited. You will burn up your GB's faster than you think. I think 1am to 8am is 'unlimited' but you have a cap on that too.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
Had Rise Broadband for many years until they had too many system problems and the service was working only about 2/3 of the time. Needed a wirleless provider due to the untilties available on the street we live on and the age of the phone lines.

Picked Hughes Net and boy, we were suckers. Wife was told "unlimited" but service would slow down at a certain limit. Got that, but was told, we a family of 5 with 3 teenagers, would rarely hit that limit. Plus, if we signed up today, locked in for a 2 year contract, they had a very good price that they could offer us. Asked other questions about compatibilty etc... "No problems" they said, compaitable with everthing we had. 

Less than 1 month in started having issues, slow service, son's gaming systems not staying connected, downloads just sit with icon spinning and my old desktop would not connect. Wife called, Oh, yeh you reached your "fast" limit after 10 days.  Found out our service isn't capitaple with the needs of the network requirements of my son's gaming systems so now they are basically worthless unless he takes them somewhere else. Talked to a service tech and found my modem(?) for my desktop is outdated and not compatible with their system.

My wife called several times about what the salesman said and what we were actually getting. Guess it was our fault for not understanding things like Mbps speeds and number of Gs. So what we were sold was what we were getting and not anything less and we must have misunderstood what they had to offer. BS! Now we are stuck for almost another 1 1/2 years with crappy internet service. 

Edited by iowallis - 19 Jan 2019 at 6:39pm
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:41pm
We had cable and that appears the best way to go for speed and a good price. I let AT&T talk me into DSL a couple months ago.  They had to run a new line to the house from the road.  Charged me $99 to do that.  I called them up and told the I was promised free install and they gave me the money back the next bill.

I thought I would try their internet because we have cell phones and Directv both from AT&T.  I'm planning on switching back to cable as soon as I can.

If you are having trouble with cable or DSL and can get a decent cell signal.  Get a plan that has unlimited data and use your phone as you wifi router when you are at home.  It's a little bit of a pain to set up at first but works great.  I set it up for my friend.  When he walks into his house now his laptop hooks right up to it.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:02pm
I would say run the other way from Hughesnet. I had them and they were no where near what they advertised for speed unless it was between 3-4am, and if there was a cloud in the sky, forget about getting a signal. Way too expensive for what they deliver.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 6:05am
the old lady....ooooops….I mean the loving wife says that there are many law suits against hughes net, dunno what for...
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:33am
last winter while snowbirding in AZ; we had trouble finding internet.  ATT hotspot was topnotch but must have a good ATT signal.  Verizon was a joke, but then Verizon is a joke in many ways, about all the time!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:10am
Went to HughesNet about four years ago as AT&T "surcharges" ended up totaling over 25.00/month after three years; AT&T was at 95.00 and could see the writing on the wall as they don't even want to negotiate, just keep finding ways to add fees. Swear nobody kills more trees than AT&T with mailers trying to get folks to bundle internet with TV. Don't need anything for TV as have had a RadioShack Air Antennae for over ten years and keeps picking up more channels as they are added, and crystal clear. Now up to 38 channels not including hispanic, Asian and home shopping.
HughesNet has stayed at 63.00/month since the start for unlimited and I have never even got close to using the data, plus major "free" usage between midnight and 6:00 AM.
Called them two months back to change to a smaller package in an attempt to maybe save 20.00/month and they advised the only smaller package was 57.50/month.
They are all milking it for whatever they can get, just like cable did for years.
HughesNet has been good quality/speed for me in this area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic