This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange but true!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange but true!!
    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:12am
Our roofs here have clay tile for shingles with a strip of asphalt shingles up to the AC/heat pumps that are on the roof.   My neighbor next door had a roof leak and the roofer came to fix it a couple days ago.  To replace the asphalt shingles he had to remove the shroud that is around the base of the AC unit.  He said he heard movement inside it and looked into a hole and seen a furry thing.  When they removed the shroud a red fox bailed out, down the roof and jumped over the back fence out into the golf course fairway!!  Said he looked healthy but we can't figure out how the fox got on the roof!!  There are a couple citrus trees next to the house so we are guessing somehow he climbed up one of them??  Probably after pigeons or their eggs or just a place to hide.   I was guessing coon when he first told me the story, but have never any here. 
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:11am
wih my luck, the fox would have scared the krap outta me, I'd fall off the roof and die...
most all red foxes here have rabies...cute but deadly.
get the leak fixed ?
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:03am
I've see some strange things, but this?
Too much brandy for the roofer Armand?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:23pm
Damn, with that setup, I was sure I could come up wif a joke, but I'm drawin a blank...

At least it weren't a gorilla!Wink

[TUBE]pqZfXNaUuyc[/TUBE]

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:07am
     Can't top that one. Never heard of a climbing fox but who knows?
     Are you working on any of those wonderful model implements any more? It would be interesting to see how you make all those tiny parts that go into each one.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:51pm
I wanna see a model of a fox in a AC unit,,,,,,scared to death of a BIG guy with a hammer in hand....LOL Shocked

Edited by Ted J - 19 Jan 2019 at 10:52pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:31am
 Animals can  be pretty creative. Maybe you need a trail camera set up, to see if it comes back and climbs the tree.
 I would think a hole underground would be a better place for a fox in your area Wink
 Maybe this one learned to climb, instead of dig

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:37am
Hollow tree ? 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:28am
The story sounded pretty weird to me as well, but I talked to his son and helper on the roof just after it happened.   I was in my shop so didn't see the fox bail off the roof. 

AC Hunter, I am still building AC models but haven't posted any pictures here for a while.  Have a Model 50 forage harvester in the paint booth now, and a power feed wagon ready to go in next.   Check my website for the latest models.   It gets hit about 40 times a day!!

acmodelsofarizona.weebly.com

Armand
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 9:00am
     Armand,
         What a neat website. I'm surprised you don't get more hits. It will take at least a  couple of evenings to look at everything instead of TV. What a great way to have any AC equipment you want and the talent to make it all. Thanks for sharing your hobby.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 9:36am
I watched a blue healer dig in and climb a tree to try to get a cat.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
My son had a pit bull that could climb trees if the branches were positioned and spaced right.

Edited by weiner - 21 Jan 2019 at 6:53pm
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic