This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Over wintering in Texas or Ariz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:24pm
Watched the video for the one for sale at $4999 on YouTube last night. Doubt it will last long before being sold. But did anyone notice how close the neighbors trailers are? Talk about reaching out to touch someone. A friend that moved to Phoenix when he retired several years ago said that near him the lot spaces rent for $500 per month for those park model size trailers like was in the video. Personally I believe I'd rather have my own mobile unit to be able to move to another location if and when I desired.

Edited by Roger (NE) - 23 Dec 2018 at 3:27pm
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:37pm
IF and I say IF I were to do this, would get a diesel Class 7 truck and pull the trailer, still license RV. Would last the rest of my days.
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:29am
Tom, I just seen your post!!   We snowbirded from Cedar Rapids for six years.  Then bought our home in 2009 so this is our primary residence now.   RV parks run about $700 a month with all amenities.   Google Mesa Regal RV Park, or Valley de Oro.  We stayed in Mesa Regal.  Valley de Oro is also owned by the same company and very nice.  Mesa Regal had 2600 spaces to give you an idea of size.   If you come down be sure an stop in for a visit.   Armand
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:10am
I am serious in that I would likely do Federal Park to Whatever Park except to keep a main base of home somewhere to set it all down from time to time and to eventually sell down into as got too old to continue the run. I have a desire to see as much of the US Federal Parks System as I can before I die along with numerous Special State's parks systems.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:45am
Armand;  mesa was too expensive, for us.  I got spoiled out to wellton az.   no big city traffic.  farming 1/2mile away.   every service known to man in yuma, about 14miles to the edge of town.   algodones mx is 40miles away.    kids live in tempe and chandler so we scoped out the local parks pretty hard.   not ready to buy yet but with rent at $750-800 i may never buy!   park rent if i would buy is $1850 a yr, including heated pool.  Coachstop RV park, wellton az   
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:47am
I scoped it out; looks like a real nice place!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 4:29pm
A couple friends and I drove down to Wellton (I think) to a tractor show last winter.  NO AC stuff but a fairly good swap area and several interesting gas and hot air engines.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic