This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 616-620-720 & Simplicity PTO Shaft & Clutch's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 616-620-720 & Simplicity PTO Shaft & Clutch's
    Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:23pm

Pictures of our newly developed replacement pto shaft and clutch. Will be available for pickup or to ship real soon. Need to just finish up final pricing. This is a joint venture with myself and Mike Brown. Feel free to let us know if you are interested.

Click on links below to see pictures.

Edited by mnoonan-NEWI - 18 Dec 2018 at 4:38pm
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:26pm
Wow!  Great job Mike n' Mike. Looks like a work of art!  Should fit the bill for a person like myself that doesn't have a rear pto like on my 620.  Its always great to see guys like yourself coming up with new replacement parts for these old machines. Good luck in your venture!!  Hope you sell enough to at least get the money invested back outta' them. I've had quite a few people ask me if I have a rear pto for these machines or know where they can get one. Now I can send them your way!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

Wow!  Great job Mike n' Mike. Looks like a work of art!  Should fit the bill for a person like myself that doesn't have a rear pto like on my 620.  Its always great to see guys like yourself coming up with new replacement parts for these old machines. Good luck in your venture!!  Hope you sell enough to at least get the money invested back outta' them. I've had quite a few people ask me if I have a rear pto for these machines or know where they can get one. Now I can send them your way!
Steve@B&B

Thank you Steve, that's much appreciated.
Thank you also for the exceptional electrical solutions you provide to all of us trying to upgrade our tractors to keep them working and looking good.
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
DSpears N IL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 1:33pm
Another product that is Great for restoration projects!

Well done guys!

DeWayne
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 1:01pm
is the clutch the same as an original pto or something modern you came up with? I have 2 original pto's that need new bearings and clutches.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by coggonobrien coggonobrien wrote:

is the clutch the same as an original pto or something modern you came up with? I have 2 original pto's that need new bearings and clutches.

Our rear clutches, shaft and coupler as shown in the picture links are new and are not the same as the original ones.
ShaunE View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaunE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 6:48pm
I have personally held them in my hands & I can say with no doubt that these are top quality & will help many who are in need of one.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:02am
Nice work on the shaft and clutch! Any new parts and pieces to support these old units is really helpful. 

Where did rusty dollar go, he also had a company fab a few parts?  

How are the Honda retrofit motors working out as a replacement for the Onan CCKB am assuming they are a bit more efficient and thrifty on fuel. 

Orangeman
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:25pm
i Believe a lot of the re-powers now are the Briggs Vangard engines. Supposed to be a nice engine with lottsa' power. They run alot cooler I'm told also vs the Onan engines....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:45pm
we use the briggs vangard for the repowers on them very good transplant i cant wait to do my own , the onan is just one break down away from being rebriggs
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 10:44am
So what would need to be purchased/made to install one of these in a powermax that has no existing shaft?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by coggonobrien coggonobrien wrote:

So what would need to be purchased/made to install one of these in a powermax that has no existing shaft?

First of all, it fits up exactly the same as the original shaft and clutch. In addition to the shaft and clutch and coupler, we will have available all bolts, special washers, chain links, side clip angles, etc. as needed as extra cost items.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 1:48pm
gotcha so it can either be a start from scratch or replacement kit depending on the tractor. If a tractor has a rear pto already, do you think you will be cheaper than rebuilding an existing shaft?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:33pm
Now that's funny Mike!!  LOL   Sounds like its gonna be curtains for the ole' Onan!  LOL!
Steve@B&B
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 10:53pm
Now ready to ship, See Classified ad.
Thanks, Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic