This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reach Seed Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reach Seed Treatment
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:57pm
Years ago (25) a salesman came around selling a white waxy product called Reach. Got it in a 5 gallon pail and you half filled a seed box. Then stirred in maybe a cup of it. Then fill the box and put in another cup. Don't really know if it boosted yield, but it sure got the crops off to a good start. Does anyone remember it? Ever used it? Or know where one might find it? I have been looking around on the net for it, but can't find any thing.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 2:00am
I had tried a crop booster many years ago, it was black real fine powder, put it in the soybeans, it's not on the market anymore, was just another gimmick product. don't remember the name of it
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:31am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I had tried a crop booster many years ago, it was black real fine powder, put it in the soybeans, it's not on the market anymore, was just another gimmick product. don't remember the name of it

As a kid back in the 1970s, I remember stirring this Black powder (Soybean Rhizobium inoculate) into planter seed boxes. It was supposed to boost biological fixation of nitrogen from the soil into the soybean roots. Then that decaying nitrogen was to be more readily available to next years corn crop. In actuality, Soybean roots do this process automatically.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:53pm
yeah,,,i think that was the stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic