This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-15 Series I industrial tractor front rim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-15 Series I industrial tractor front rim
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:56pm
I severely bent a front rim on my D-15 Series I Industrial tractor. I was looking at new aftermarket D-15 rims. Some say 'Not for use with front end loader'. Are all D-15 front rims the same, or is there a heavy duty and a light duty rim? Perhaps this is just an issue of some aftermarket rims being cheaply made. I have a bucket on the front, so I want to be sure to get the correct rim. 

Because the first link (wengers) does not mention anything about 'not' have a front end loader, does that mean it should be fine. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:46pm
Aftermarket rims  come both ways:  light duty and heavy duty.  If it says "not for use with a loader" avoid it!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:09pm
Check that center and bolt pattern, copy it down, and take it to a auto junkyard.  I think the bolt pattern and center hole matches up to an old buick station wagon.  Might be a little cheaper than $84/rim...

That stuff about loader or non loader may just be about liability, don't know, but I know my D-12 works fine, on a pair of old wagon wheels that originated on an old car...  And I have about 3-400 lbs ectra weight, on the front of it...Wink
JamesG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:22pm
Yes, it would be great if the rim matches something in the junk yard. I will give that a try first. Thanks all for the ideas.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 7:31pm
I fully agree with Dave... there is normal use with a loader and then there is ABuse. He is right about old full size Buick rims from the early sixties (likely late fifties as well) and up into the seventies will fit providing you have a 5 stud hub on your D15. From '65 and up Buick rims have a smaller center hole but you can cut the hole bigger with a torch. They are heavy duty rims as the cars were heavy. From '71 and up you can use rims from Chevy full size cars by just enlarging the center hole, I've done it for A-C farm tractor application. Being that you have the industrial model you're sure to have power steering. The benefit with A-C original rims is that you have narrow tires giving good help turning a non power steering tractor.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 5:53pm
James, there is a whole lot of difference for an industrial rim and a standard rim. You are not going to find a Buick rim in 16". They were all 15". When I owned the tire shop, I got my heavy duty rims from the local JD dealer. They were painted white. They were as cheap as my whole sale suppliers and when I got them I knew they were heavy duty. A rim off a wagon is not heavy enough for your tractor. The centers are too thin.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 19 Dec 2018 at 5:54pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 6:06pm
True enough, didn't see that the wenger's rim was 16".  But, singe there's no brake trum, a 15" will prolly still work, as long as the wheel center is correct.Wink
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 7:24pm
There is no problem using 15'' rims for clearance. On one of my A-C's I have a set of 14" wheels that would be late 50's Oldsmobile, same 5 stud bolt pattern and no clearance issues whatsoever.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic