This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD9 NOT SURE IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD9 NOT SURE IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT??
    Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:40pm
NOT MINE

D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
Sponsored Links

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:57pm
seems resonable
HD3
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:17am
Yea that looks like it still has some life in it too. Maybe the bucket doesn't go down?:)
I would ask about the same amount for my off color TD6 loader. The undercarriage on this one looks pretty good. Its not setting in the weeds and looks like it moves too.
My guess this would weigh around 8 ton????
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:06pm
With counter weight more than 10 probably closer to 12. A 60 year old machine with limited parts available, how optimistic do you want to be.

I have spent a fair number of hours on several  HD9's and liked them. But market for an of the older crawlers is a bit limited at least in my part of the country. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:57pm
Ac,
I think you need to bring it home! Would go good with your other AC stuff too! Yea 12 ton! But you have the equipment to haul which will save some dollars. Make him a offer.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:24pm
I'm not much into these but seems all AC crawlers this size and under all have no real digging cleats on the tracks? , everything seems all kind of fine close together cleats on an AC , why?

Edited by DougG - 05 Dec 2018 at 6:24pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:33pm
Its a loader it won't have tall grousers on the track like 1 with a blade.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:08pm
Problem with adding Dozer grouser shoes is the side stresses applied with a loaded bucket in swings to load a truck or set a stockpile. Hard on lower rollers, harder still on rails and sprockets/finals. Dozers need the grousers to push with not dance on with an added 2500-5000 lbs at arms length. See all manner of old loaders converted to dozer rails/shoes, most times just eats a machine up.

Edited by DMiller - 05 Dec 2018 at 7:08pm
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:54pm
Ok....as usual I concur with Dave 100%...he beat me to the post..but I can sure add some more to it. The grousers are called different things...STREET PADS....SEMI GROUSER BARS..etc. depending on your parts book. All of the major manufactures...CAT..AC..INTERNATIONAL..all used that type of grousers on there crawler loaders. Besides the things that Dave mentioned..they were more user friendly in the log landings where turning so much just makes more dust. They can also move up and down the pavement to some degree...(maybe that's where ''street pads" came from). All of those manufacturers usually had longer "swing frames" "track frames"..with an extra roller or 2 on the bottom of there crawler loaders for extra support..for the extra "arms length" as Dave says.  So the extra track on the ground ads a lot to pushing power too..compared to dozers of the same model with a shorter track frame. So over the years this has become one of our biggest "PET PEEVES''...people welding some kind of grouser bars on there loader street pads...for something they are clueless about.  If you need a dozer "BUY A DOZER"...SO that being said..my experience says..and I would bet you money..marbles or chalk...that I could take a loader with street pads and out perform any one with the same loader that had been "tampered with"..because they thought it would give them ..more pushing power.

So those look like pretty nice pads on that HD9..don't go messin with them...Yes if that loader was 500 miles from us..this post would be about a new HD9 to our collection. LOL
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:50am
Yes,and they are designed to skid, Mel is dead right
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:13am
Thanks for the replies, makes sense
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:44am
As a loader loses traction it is generally where you need to move the shovel or back off the throttle as the material is getting to resistive or the slope too steep. Even on a dozer the full height grousers will not always continue pulling or a converter stall out so one has to shift the blade or change intentions.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:31am
If memory serves me right iternational had some pads on some of there older loaders that were flat and smooth almost like dragline tracks. I know a man who had a good little d4 cat loader . The rails were getting worn so he got a good deal on a set of dozer tracks . Well that good deal turned that little loader into a parts / scrap machine after the dammage was done to the finals.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:51am
Folks,
Was just thinking about this track thing. As a side note here is a picture of my off color loader TD6 with ATECO loader. Now maybe it had even shorter grousers? and these may be newer tracks? I guess now that I look at them they aren't very tall grousers. So yes these had to make a lot of moves to load small dump trucks.

I think if your interested and have the funds, I would go with Mels suggestion and bring it home!

Regards,
 Chris
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 10:00am
On my HD5G I welded rebar (3/4") onto pads - but 3 bars so as it gave some traction but also made the pads new life for wear . It did not effect the side load when turning or swinging to load truck . Then I did a lot of work in sand so swinging the machine was not a lot of stress - also one learns to position truck so you don't make right angle turns .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 10:59am
better to not have tall grousers on old gear drive machines it lets the track slip instead of stalling the motor
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:08pm
A company that I worked for one time had a little TD-4 loader that had crawler pads on it. They were always repairing the finals. I finally told the mechanic to torch the grousers off to leave about 3/4" and the problem went away.
Jack of all trades, master of none
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:53pm
I know exactly where that thing is. Guy has a little lot deals in old stuff. All big farms around there not much market support for older smaller stuff.
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 1:48am
Thats 5 min from me.  Nice looking outfit but just don't have the funds for it.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 9:42am
Very nice looking unit - well worth the asking price if no work needed in the final drives. 

Appears clean and ready to use. 

Unlikely to buy a poor skid steer with less capacity at the price listed. 

Good Luck!

Orangeman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic