This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad wreck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad wreck
    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 11:34am
Coming home from the farm yesterday on Missouri hwy 7. Guy pulling a hay trailer crossed over southbound lane and stopped waiting for traffic to clear in NB lanes. It was dark and hay trailer was still sticking out in passing lane of SB side. I'm sure lights if any were hard to see. Young lady hit it at about 70 mph....Emergency vehicles just arrived as I was coming through.....10 mins earlier and I'd been helping. Girl had to be life flights....based on the looks of her van, I figured the driver had been killed. Can't be too careful out there!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 1:07pm
Always hated working wrecks like that. Hope the driver with the hay trailer had lights on and working. Either way he/she is in for a lot of grief. Like you say have to be careful all the time. It was heavy fog this morning when my bride and I were heading to church and quite a few of the idiots out there did not have any lights on, much less head and fog lights. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 1:16pm
It was dark and hay trailer was still sticking out in passing lane of SB side
....... not a good plan to drive in the DARK.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 1:17pm
Prayers for all involved on the way from C Il.

On the way to the GOTO in Lathrop Mo. a cattle hauler was turning left off of a 4 lane highway [ not interstate ] and part of the trailer was blocking the passing lane. Had a semi in the right lane. All of this appears as I clear a hill . Was a come to Jesus moment .
Be careful on those highways you can turn off and on without cloverleafs
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 2:14pm
It just amazes me even it was well lite it probably would still have been hit. I’ve seem so many lately that if the driver would be paying any attention it would’ve been avoided. The last one around here was 2 weeks ago a driver ran into the rear end of a newer JD combine with full lights still flashing when we got there. People just either don’t care enough about their surroundings or just shouldn’t be driving!
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:17pm
Hell everyone I have seen wreck was so distracted by something Cell Phone, Laptop, Paperwork even just their own car radio was ridiculous watching, then they get mad when a Witness steps up and notes that to the cops.

The Fed gets stupid requiring lights and flashing crap HUGE Signs and reflectors when even the State machines with all that excess junk on them are driven into by these idiots. Cannot see the elephant for the view screen in their face.

Edited by DMiller - 25 Nov 2018 at 3:18pm
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:03pm
Talking about driving in fog, these cars with automatic headlights, when it gets light they go off, a lot of people don't know that. Was foggy Friday morning on our way to doctor, car behind us catches up, just as he passes his lights go out. he passes and down the road he goes with no lights.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 9:07pm
There are so many stupid people driving today.The don't know enough to turn on headlights when visibility is low.They can see where they're going. See,they don't know its not for them... Can't fix stupid!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:12pm
WHY CAN'T they make a vehicle that won't allow any electronics to be used in it??  Unless it is in PARK?!?!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:41pm
no one would buy them Ted
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:53pm
Plowing snow for MDOT we had as many caution flashing lights as we could both fore and aft of the truck. Drunks would aim for us like moths to the flame! I worked nights as less traffic except Friday and Saturday nights when the drunks were out. Seen my share of bad accidents involving trucks and cars. Worked one night when a car slid through an intersection and was run into by a semi. That was a bad one!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:55pm
I think there is something positive to be said about phones that are connected to the car, I find I can talk to someone and not be distracted.  Not to mention, on a long drive, like to Hutch, I can call everyone on my phone list, just to keep awake...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 11:02pm
Idiot drivers everywhere. My wife got hit from behind as she was turning left onto the road we live on. The other driver was either distracted or attempting to pass at this intersection. It actually caught the rear left wheel, broke it from the leaf spring and continued up the box and the drivers door. All the lights work on my vehicles but it was dry, calm and very dusty that day.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:04am
When I was heading up to work one day on interstate just before sun up, I see this deer barreling accross the opposite road and heading down into the ditch. No one immediately behind me so I hit the brakes, because me and this deer are on a 100 percent collision course. About then, some pickup that had to have been doing 80+ mph goes flying around me. Lucky for him, that deer changed course, but couldn't have missed him by more than a couple feet. But did that pickup NOT see my brake lights. ..? I know they work. Or did he think that I just decided to hit the brakes for the hell of it. Probably I'm lucky that he seen me soon enough to not rear end me. Darrel
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:14am
I have been driving the same 35 mile stretch one way for the last 30 years.
85% interstate. I have seen some of the dumbest distracted driving.
I'm on full alert all the time. A lot of truckers aren't very good at it either.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:52am
fixer, how in the heck do you drive only one way for 30 years??LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:24am
I was on a 4 lane, partially divided but not interstate, many moons ago.  Was slowly passing a car in the right lane, me in the left.  It was a road kind of down in a valley, so it got dark down there, in the hills, trees, etc.  There was a truck stop on the right.  I was heading north, and a truck had come out of that truck stop wanting to turn south/left.  No working lights at all on the side of that truck.  I didn't realize what I was looking at, all I knew was something was.....too dark...By the time I realized I was heading for a nice decapitation right under that trailer, and I jammed on the brakes, I knew I couldn't stop in time.  I yelled for the wife to DUCK!  The car beside me in the right lane followed his first reaction to ALSO slam on the brakes, and I swear, even though it was almost totally dark our eyes met for an instant and he saved our (me and wife's) lives by letting off the brakes and speeding up, giving me a place to go, I shot in behind him and missed that truck by inches.  Talk about a close one!

We had a car-combine fatality in the county this year.  Combine well lit, driver texting, hit the rear of the combine at full speed.  Combine was less than a minute from turning in his yard.

Edited by Tbone95 - 26 Nov 2018 at 9:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic