This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early hd6g saved from the torch!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio-d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early hd6g saved from the torch!
    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:23am
I ran across a Facebook add that read " FREE SCRAP" .I was a one of many to look at it , some even offered money. But in the end the owner had a soft spot for one who could salvage parts. The clutch, bell housing, drive shaft and floorboard are gone. Undercarriage is about 90% or better except 1 rear roller we noticed was going bad.
not a mucanik I just pretend
Sponsored Links

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:13am
Nice save!
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 9:34am
Hmm- that is a lot of weight on a pickup - no matter the trailer . 
has to be near capacity of trailer also as machine would go around 17,000 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
ohio-d19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio-d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:34am
Trailer is 24,000 gvw and ya it was probably a little much for the truck.but a few miles on back country roads it was just fine.it wasn't like I was doing 80mph on an interstate.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
Noticed the push tractor, been awhile since last ran?
ohio-d19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio-d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:25pm
DMiller, the bell housing clutch drive shaft and floor board are all missing and the present owner has not seen them on his newly acquired property. It is my assumption that it was taken apart to do a clutch job and the parts were stolen for scrap since it was about 100 ft from the road. I felt that it was still worth my time for the UC and the ripper/aux hydraulics to keep mine going for another 40 years. It appears that the engine is smaller than the one in my current 6g that I stuck new clutches in early this spring.
ohio-d19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio-d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 4:45pm
Hello all, is there a website database that I could use to decipher the year of my machines? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic