This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hog Killin Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:50am
Reminds me of being in a fish house staring down the hole looking at a northern pike staring at my sucker, but not taking it. Excitingly frustrating.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:42pm
Ken, try the pepsi and fly bait trick, gets rid of coons fast, usually within 10 feet of the pan...Wink
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:34pm
Pretty Tempting when I had the can of Golden Maldrin in my hand today. Afraid the hogs would eat a poisoned coon.
    Looking at all the trail cam pics of those hogs on the outside lookin in and thinking so close but so far because of racoons tripping the trap first. 
    I built a 3x3x3 coon catching live trap to keep them from eating the yard cats food. Bait it near the Hog Trap with catfood  and bring them live to the hood . Folks there would rather roast a coon than a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
Them coons are good eatin, but greasy.  At least they are up here.  I'd rather have turkey though,,,,,,it makes you go to sleep and you miss the women talkin....hehehe
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:57am
Here is what I did for last nights try to trap a pig or two.  I misted a cup of diesel on the ground and on the corn just inside the trap gate.   Game Cam showed no coons anywhere in sight in or out of the set  trap.  Plenty pigs looking into the set trap. 5 at once . Count them. They smelled the diesel too and would not enter. I think corn smelling like diesel is OK with Pigs is Bull Hocky
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:12am
  Did Ya ketched em, Ken,,,,???Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 7:27pm
Not Yet Joe
     Not a good time for me to catch even one.   Got a eye exam set for Monday Morning.

I will set the trap to trip when I get time (and maybe some help standing by) to do the processing.

In the mean time I will pin the gate open and keep the trap baited with corn. Once I get a few to go in and out freely again it should be easy to catch several at a time.
     That's if the Damn Coons quit tripping the trap first.   It may be time to bait the trusty Have A Heart with cat food.  I got pix of 5 coons and 2 possums in and around the trap at the same time. A Red Fox too.  And a just curious Bobcat

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 8:14pm
Well Ken,,,,,,,,how'd the eye exam go?  Ya got great eyes, so you can look at them 20 something gals like Tom sees all the time now?  Ya just can't remember WHY??!?!!

Any hog huntin since?   yeah, that deal with the diesel just didn't sound good to me.  Would YOU eat something that was a foul smelling as that??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:36am
did you have ham fer Thanksgiving Ken?
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 3:42pm
Nan I would hate to be around if and when Ken catches some of them pigs.  I m gonna say the the meat may be tainted from that diesel.

And the aroma that may come outta the whatever he squats in just may be too aromatic for the environment.  LOL

Ummmm, maybe a little DEF would do the prep/cleanup.

Edited by Dave H - 23 Nov 2018 at 5:37pm
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 6:22pm
We won’t eat any hogs over 90 to 100 lbs. around here.
I was given a ham off of a big sow from West Texas. Threw it on the smoker. It was awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic