This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

payloader tire value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: payloader tire value
    Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:07am
For those of you who have been following my payloader saga, you know that we turned one 645 into a parts machine, and bought what seems to be a much better 645. Thought that we would have 4 good spare tires off the old one if need be, but I don't think that will be the case. The new payloader has got four brand new Bridgestone radials on it. Therefore, the tires should out last me. But even in the event that we would ruin one on 645 #2, I would not put one of the tires off 645 #1 onto it, because they are non radials, and really would not match up close enough. So I think that I should sell the four tires off of 645 #1 before they sit and rot away and have no value. The story on them is that they are 50% or better on the tread. All four were brand new at the same time by the previous owner. Titan is the brand name on them. When the previous owner bought this machine, he said that it acted like a "steel wheeled machine" on ice. He did some tire research and found out that the tires on it were the hardest rubber compound available in a payloader tire. So he went to the opposite end of the spectrum and put the softest tires on that was available, which are the ones that I may be looking to sell. The soft factor may be a plus or a minus, depending on intended use. For an "around the farm payloader" they were good. Size of them is 20.5 25. If someone were interested in them, they could just as well have the rims and all. Any insight to the worth of them. .? Thanks, Darrel
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:11pm
I don't think I could quote you a specific $$ number but instead ask you - what would you be willing to pay for the set of four if you needed them badly yourself?? If I were you I'd sure be tempted to keep one as a spare for temporary use.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:26pm
Thank you Eric. That being said, I guess pricing out new ones at a tire store would be my best option, ,and reduce the price to half or a little less of new. As far as keeping one for a spare; well I would be a little leary about putting one of them on with the other three, as the diameter of them Bridgestones on 645 #2 seems to be a significant amount larger. I am not sure if the transmission/ drop box would have any forgiveness for that. Darrel
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:21pm
Running different size tires on any 4 wheel drive isn't a good idea of course but on farm dirt it wouldn't make a critical difference as a temporary spare, those diffs can take some unfair torsion when some wheels do all the pulling while others have little or no traction.
As for how much money you can get for your tires... it is really in your favor that it is a popular size loader tire for a number of makes... it may even be an easier sale off the rims. I know if I was still in business and needed four of those tires I'd be serious up to maybe $2500 for use on an older machine... our human nature has it that we don't want to hand over more money than we have to Embarrassed
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:06am
Darrell, might save you a trip, I just checked with my old tire suppliers. A bias 16 ply tire in an R1w tread design (back hoe tread), would have cost me $721.00 each. That is the exact cost for 1 tire. A rock tread is $100.00 per tire higher. They are Hercules brand weighing over 500 lbs each. I have put quite a few on. You need a 25" o ring to go with it, not included in the price, about $10.00 each last time I looked, and a bucket of Murphies tire mounting compound.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:32am
Thanks Tom. Now you say that's what they cost you. Does that mean that that is wholesale price.....? Thanks, Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:03pm
don't forget your selling them rim and all , the rims are also worth something. Tom
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:46pm
Darrell. Yes that is the price I would have to pay for the tires today. We would have added our markup to the tire. Our tires were always priced (put on the machine at the shop). We charged $1.00 per mile 1 way for the use of our service truck.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:43pm
I was at a tire shop getting a flat tire fixed on my Toyota this evening. I asked them what they get for payloader tires like these. Their new price on them was almost 1,400 bucks a piece. The guy thought mine should be worth about 500 a piece. That's about what I was hoping for. Darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:47am
I figgered you'd throw them in the Quonset with the rest of....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I figgered you'd throw them in the Quonset with the rest of....

Isn't any room in the quonset. Darrel
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 8:48pm
You could make room with that 6g.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 7:52am
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

You could make room with that 6g.....

Great point! Suddenly burying it seems justified. Darrel
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 12:05pm
Poke poke!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic