This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Valuation thoughts? WD45, Bucket, Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm
Left you a phone message John. 

Those flood tractors don't bother me if they have enough goodies on them. I drag home tractors that have sat for twenty years outside. A couple even came back to life. The red flag for me is they drained all the fluids. Brought home a  D19 with all fluids drained. took it apart, all the insides were a rust ball. 
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:56pm
Make sure he has the drawbar for the tractor. Inside the snap coupler bell under the center of the tractor is a double C shaped spring. This needs to be replaced. I did not know there was 1 under there, a plow came unhooked, tiped over and landed on my back while i was plowing. That was over 30 years ago
I still suffer a lot of back pain because of it.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 19 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:40pm
Drawbar is on the tractor in the pic.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:52am
The snap coupler eye broke on my plow, lift latches popped open and the plow stayed in the ground behind me. I warn folks that it is possible for the attachment to come loose and to be sure the lift latches are there and working.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Lon(MN) Lon(MN) wrote:

The snap coupler eye broke on my plow, lift latches popped open and the plow stayed in the ground behind me. I warn folks that it is possible for the attachment to come loose and to be sure the lift latches are there and working.

I had a subsoiler come loose at the coupler and the latches did not open,think if they get in a side ways bind will stay closed.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 2:44pm
The BIG thing to look into is the springs on the lift latches.  They HAVE to be the correct ones.  If they are too strong, they won't allow the latch to come open.
Another thing to look for is the lift bar or chain part.  If the upper piece (stop pin) that goes into the latch is facing the WRONG direction, they won't pop the latch open.  Especially in the Clevis Assembly (chains).  They get put together facing the wrong way.

So that is YOUR picture I've seen with the plow on the seat of the tractor Tom.  It LOOKS like a real catastrophe!!  I feel for ya!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 3:45pm
If you want to spend $2700, come to NW Illinois and pick up my D17 and Allis Oxnard blade with one extention. It has good PS, straight tin. Back tires are round and black, but hold air. It has one replaced rear rim and one bad one, but a good rim would go with it.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:27am
So are you the new owner?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
JBergie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:56pm
Here I am....back after playing email-tag with the owner of this 45. He said the carb was gummed up, but wasn't willing to come down much. So he opted to have it rebuilt, but the price would still be $1,800. Then he emailed saying the motor was seized and that the new price would be $1,200. What?! $1,200 for a seized WD45? My conversation with my new Allis mentor (Lon) taught me enough to know that was silly-talk at $1,200! Now I see it listed on CL as a "must sell". I told him we were just too far apart price-wise. I think I'll keep looking for a D17 or 45.
JBergie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 11:00pm
CTucker- Maybe we can do a deal on that D17! (Seriously, Imhave to drive down later this month to Chicago so maybe can take a detour your way to take a look. Near Galena?)
JBergie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:12am
One more chime in on my post then I'll put this to rest. The seized WD45 was sold (to whom, I'm not sure). So here's going back to the question: If the owner was sitting at $1,200 for a non-working 45, and someone bought it in that condition, could it have been truly worth that amount? Things are really worth what someone else is willing to pay, right?
I'm confused now because I was under the impression that these in a good running state would fetch $1,200-$1,300 (?)
(Since it seems like the AC world is pretty small, do we know who may have bought it?) (It was posted on CL in Lakeville MN)
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:41am
I looked at CL for the tractor and never found it. He has a back blade and tires chains on CL now. Do you know if he sold the tractor? Many folks do their homework after the fact. They buy it and find out later what it will take to get it going.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:14am
no way a seized up WD45 even with load and blade is worth 1200. It may take anywhere from $200 - $2000 to get it going. $200 if a little oil easily frees it up.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:55pm
You just never know what someone is thinking. I agree that the new owner may not know what the cost of the repairs will be. Many options here. Look for a good running one.

I did buy a stuck WD with a 45 motor a few years back for $450. Found a good running parts tractor and swaped the engine. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JBergie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 3:44pm
Yea, I pinged the owner early this morning simply asking if he had sold the WD45 and his one word reply was "yes".  
>>>But now on the bright side!- I found out this morning my bid for some land over in WI won so I'm ramping up my search for an AC to help me do the following: scoop (as in scoop up/knock down a trashed mobile home on the parcel), pull out trees that have been allowed to grow in the field, turn the field, and likely mow areas, etc. So now I'm thinking D17 and add a loader, plow and blade. Here in MN, there's a few D17s on CL, they're $3,995-$4,500, but 'parade pretty'. Others are lower, but seem to have been worked hard.       
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 4:40pm
I'm glad you didn't get this one.  It seems like it's always better to wait than to buy on a whim.  I know I've done it enough.....
You'll find something that you'll be happy with and will fit your pocket book...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Allis-Chalmers Damon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis-Chalmers Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 4:50pm
Good luck with your next search. Just for reference, I found a WD45 with bucket and back blade where I live.  Owner claims the engine was rebuilt around 500 hours ago...he is asking $3500.

1955 WD45 Diesel, 1959 D14, All-Crop Drill, 303 Square Baler, 2015 John Deere 5075e, New Holland 279 Haybine, New Holland 575 square baler, 5ft roto-tiller, 5ft rotary cutter, 10 bale accumulator
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 6:38pm
Hey welcome over to our state! Where did you buy? One has to be careful and not buy on emotion. Done that and found out education is expensive. Good luck.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic