This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ingenious!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ingenious!
    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 8:35am
yesterday on one of our nosey drives, someone took a snowmobile and took the big belt off the bottom, added sum frame and driveline and put sum sand dune tires on it! looks like a real fun machine!
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 2:22pm
You don't own it yet
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:07pm
I never rode a snow mobile but I did buy a 540 Articat at auction. I put that motor and belt drive on a go cart. Talk about a donut cutter.👍
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:26pm
bet it don't corner too good !!!!
don't know which is worse..
SNOW or sand..
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:37pm
I forgot to say, it did have small tires on the front too. the rears were about 18 inches tall and prolly about 14 inches wide. fronts looked like front garden tractor wheels and tires! still looks like a lot of fun! looked like they were making up another one too
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm
Ya gotta have 2 so you can race...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:22pm
 Shoot,,,maybe ole Thad is the feller I been needin to talk with on my Kawasaki Mule project. 2-3 years ago, I scrounged a 450 out of a motorcycle and stuck it in the Mule,,,it'd run like haides on the straightaway but was a dog on the dig. Took it Elk huntin one year and it being a 2 cycle,,we had he** keepin it runnin good in the 8,500 Ft. elevation where we hunt,,,! Fact is,,one time we had to pull thet sorry sob out of the trail with my brother's Kawasaki Prairie which is a 4 cycle. I messed and messed with the carb settings and even dumped the mixed tank thinkin it may of had too much oil but fresh tank was no different, BUT,,get this,,,,when we got back home at 3,600 feet,,it would run perfect,, I gonna look me for a 4 cycle  500 to 800 engine to stick in thet Mule,,,Clap
 Whacha think,,Thad,,???
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 11:05pm
I'm a thinking ol shameless is a gonna hit us real hard in a month or two. Gotta get the OK woodshed filled up. Then nephew in the twin city's has been wanting me to buy his souped up ol snow mobile. Might fire up the real motor home and trailer and go for a visit. I'm a hoping those old boys is a having a whole lotta fun with their toy, but sure hoping they saved the parts for later. I'm a thinking ol DJoe is a thinking right on that 4 sickle mill for his Mule. Those are great old machines.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 25 Sep 2018 at 11:08pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 5:07am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Shoot,,,maybe ole Thad is the feller I been needin to talk with on my Kawasaki Mule project. 2-3 years ago, I scrounged a 450 out of a motorcycle and stuck it in the Mule,,,it'd run like haides on the straightaway but was a dog on the dig. Took it Elk huntin one year and it being a 2 cycle,,we had he** keepin it runnin good in the 8,500 Ft. elevation where we hunt,,,! Fact is,,one time we had to pull thet sorry sob out of the trail with my brother's Kawasaki Prairie which is a 4 cycle. I messed and messed with the carb settings and even dumped the mixed tank thinkin it may of had too much oil but fresh tank was no different, BUT,,get this,,,,when we got back home at 3,600 feet,,it would run perfect,, I gonna look me for a 4 cycle  500 to 800 engine to stick in thet Mule,,,Clap
 Whacha think,,Thad,,???

Say no to the 2- stroke. A modern 4 valve 4 stroke will give you much more bottom end grunt and still go fast if needed. A big Sport quad motor with reverse and chain drive would be what I was lookin for.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Whacha think,,Thad,,???

Say no to the 2- stroke. A modern 4 valve 4 stroke will give you much more bottom end grunt and still go fast if needed. A big Sport quad motor with reverse and chain drive would be what I was lookin for.

UMmmmmm,,,you got one of those to sell,,?? Thas exactly what I been thinkin ,,Thad,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:16am
he prolly does, but it won't be CHEAP!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

he prolly does, but it won't be CHEAP!

DANG YOU,,Shameless,,,,you is toooo dang quick on the trigger these days,,,
  ouch thet smarts,,,,,,UMmmmm,,has somebody been tellin you somethings bout poor ole me,,,,,??,,,ouch some more,,,,,Wink,,,WAIT,,,maybe you gots one,,???

Edited by desertjoe - 26 Sep 2018 at 8:28am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:55am

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Whacha think,,Thad,,???

UMmmmmm,,,you got one of those to sell,,?? Thas exactly what I been thinkin ,,Thad,,Clap

Everything I have is shaft drive 4x4. I have A Honda foreman 400 a Honda foreman 450 and a Yamaha Bigbear 350. Would you believe they were all projects when I bought them? Now I’m looking for a Honda 400 ex or 450 r project. And and and a cami Barbie Jeep.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:56am
When I was in junior high school, a friend of mine came across a damaged go-cart chassis... this was a 'genuine' racing cart (not a kid's toy)... was originally for racing in the 100cc single engine class.  Frame had a kink in the back, he got the whole thing for free...

I had a hacksaw and an AC welder, drill press, and other stuff at my disposal, and he found a wrecked Suzuki GT-500... so we did some 'grafting'.

Boy, what a stupid idea...

That little kart went from 0 to 60mph in first gear.... and it did it before you'd have the clutch all the way out. There was simply not enough brakes and tires to slow it down with authority, so we'd work the steering wheel back and forth to help scrub off speed before turning.  Engine was back far enough that we had to keep all the rest of our weight forward to keep the front wheels down.

We DID plumb a decent silencer onto the exhaust... tuning was lousy, but with that kind of power at the crank, we didn't worry about it any.  We drove it in the middle of the night, down empty neighborhood streets a few times...  and realized that although police couldn't catch us, we'd likely kill ourselves running away from 'em.  The key lesson was getting beaned in the forehead by a june bug at some rediculous speed... oh... and the rough ride.  We were young then, but city street pavement up here doesn't lend well to a machine who's seat is less than a half inch off the ground.

within a year, we both had driver's licenses, so the death-kart got cut up, and the engine went to someone else for some other silly project...  I think a 12' swamp-boat...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:54pm
I know all about them danged june bugs on the forehead! whew!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:23pm

I know all about them danged june bugs on the forehead! whew!

You know,,,sometimes I get sad, what with kids now a days do not know bout the things we used to entertain ourselves with when we was growin up. We was always waitin on them June Bugs to show up so we could have our  "Dive Bomber" contests,,,,,,Clap
 We used to tie some sewing thread under their caps and leave bout 6-8 feet of thread and then flip a coin to see which direction you got to fly yours. The other guy had to fly against your June Bug,,,,,Some of those mid air collisions were so dramatic cause those bugs would drop straight down,,,,,the really good ones would go into a spiral,,,,,ClapClap When I was tellin our Grandsons,,,they could not believe ,,,,but,,they sure was interested in doing it,,,!!!!

Edited by desertjoe - 29 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 11:55pm
wow….Joe....you really didn't have much to do when you was a kid huh? LMAO
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 5:08am

wow….Joe....you really didn't have much to do when you was a kid huh? LMAO

Well,,you forced me to fess up,,didn't youse,,,,? Flyin the Dive Bombers was one of the things we done,,,,,but,,,,but,,theys was others,,,yep,,they was others,,,!!WinkWink 
 The school year was split up for Tops (Ya'll rremember that?) , then it went to marbles,(who could forget cheatin with them steelies?) Kites,,??  Water guns,,and then,,,,,,long bout this time of the year, it went to checkin out the rich neighborhood alleyways for some great fruit pickings,,,,,,Clap Never a dull moment,,,,,Wink but,,unlike you,,,,,,we never tempted the police,,,,NO SIR,,,cause the rumors we heard,,,they used to LOVE usin them billy clubs,,,,,,,LOL
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:35am
That guy Joe... he's been 'round a while.  It was legal for a kid to chew tobacco then... and soda pop was a glass bottle with real sugar in it.  He's got a real problem finding the hand-crank on the side of his smart phone...Wink
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 10:25am
 Yeah,,I know, Dave,,,,,his Daddy must of been dang good friends with BOTH the Chief of Police AND the County Sheriff and,,,and, prolly throw the the Mayor in there for good measure,,,,,Clap I mean,,,how else does one get away with playin with Tannerite all the time and sabotage them police cars and,,,,and,,,callin in bomb threats and all thet other stuff,,,,,,Wink
 Chit,,I only spent ONE night in jail,,,in Fowler, Co and that was a mistake cause somebody had  told me they was fixin to run out of water in Colorado,,,and,,,,and, I was just tryin to drink my share before they did run out,,,,,,,LOL
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 5:49am
In an attempt to keep us boys busy when not working on the farm, my mother came home with a twin engine racing cart in the back of the 9 passenger station wagon one spring day. First thing our dad did was remove one of those McCulloch(s) chain saw engines but it still went way to fast. Didn't take long for all us boys to tear up those McCulloch's with bad gas/oil mixes and that old racing cart had a 3 or 3-1/2 hp B&S on it by the end of that summer.
We were a big snowmobile family w/ a Polaris dealership in the family and always wanted to make a summer sled on wheels but back in the days of fan cooled and free air engines, we knew it would be short lived.
Good thing liquid cooled's were not being made yet or we would have tried it for sure.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 9:42pm
yeah...Joe....I too spent part of a night in jail, won't say why, but it tooks them a LONG time to catch us! not bad since we was ina 1955 Plymouth! I thinks it had something to do with fireworks...but don't quote me on that! that was another thing my parents didn't find out about! whew! I also thinks they had to replace their police car too! we also had a go-kart frame, but could just use it on hills, dad wouldn't puta a motor on it for us! sure is funny on/about all things we did as kids and never got kilt! we didn't have no helmuts, padded gear, hard boots. we just ate our eggs and bacon and carried on thru the day!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 4:30am

Hey Tim,,,dang but I would of loved to ride thet twin engine,,,!! Only'ist go cart I ever drove were them rentals and they all had them dang governors. One of them polaris sno-mobiles engines in a go-cart would of been plumb killer wouldn't it,,,???Clap

I KNEW IT,,,I KNEW IT,,,!!!!!! Shameless,,thas the reason they hired you at the Sheriff's dept wasn't it,,???LOL Better to keep you close and in check and,,,,and,,,prolly a desk job right across the room from the chief,,,huh,,???  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic