This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little R&R

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little R&R
    Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:58pm
Couldn't make it to Myrtle Beach this week and the loving wife was NOT happy. Found an efficiency at a resort in Panama City Beach, Florida and took her there yesterday for a few days. The wife is happy so life is good! Came through some good farming country in the panhandle of Fla, lots of irrigated cotton but mostly green tractors, didn't see any Orange. Tried lying out on the beach but those darn green peace wackos keep trying to push me back into the water. Scenery is not as good as it would but during the first of the summer but there is some eye candy out there.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:54pm
Last time I layed down on da beach, sombody walkin by said I was askin a lot of the sun...Wink
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
Glad the wife is happy and your enjoying your R&R. Too bad those green things spoiled the trip down though.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:30pm
Tried lying out on the beach but those darn green peace wackos keep trying to push me back into the water   LOL...LOL   LOL   LOL
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:38pm
Bob, they even had an ugly green one pulling the beach cleaner this morning.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:12pm
Probably better off down there than at Myrtle Beach anyway. Myrtle just isn't like it used to be almost to the point of starting to look like it's going downhill.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:13pm
And by the way have fun and enjoy yourselves this week.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:36am
yep...I agree...have a great time "away from it all"!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 6:04am
Enjoy!, watch out for the Red tide! Seems like our coastal areas are not visitor friendly this time of year!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:27pm
Hope yall are enjoying the "redneck Riviera". Havent been there since I was a teenager. Know the feeling about greenpeace. I'm so pasty white that a sunglass vendor set up a booth next to me last time. He made a killing!
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:41pm
Hey Hubert! We're in Panama! Leaving tomorrow to go see my cousin play softball at Auburn. Sitting in traffic on 98 between Destin and Panama at the moment
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 6:05am
Tyler, wish I had known you were here. We are leaving out this morning headed back to Flowery Branch so we can dog sit for our daughter. Had a great time down here, belated 50th anniversary trip I promised my loving bride. Mama is happy - life is good.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:58am
Have a safe trip and maybe we'll get together some other time
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:34am

Great thing there Hubert!

Next month marks 30 years for "us".  We went to Maine for our honeymoon, in 2 weeks we head out to Maine to stay in the same Inn we stayed at back then.  This time, we'll have a few days rather than blowing through in a whirlwind.  Hoping the colors will look great, but if not, no biggie.  We haven't taken a just the two of us trip, even a weekend, in ......???? how long?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by DREAM DREAM wrote:

Hope yall are enjoying the "redneck Riviera". Havent been there since I was a teenager. Know the feeling about greenpeace. I'm so pasty white that a sunglass vendor set up a booth next to me last time. He made a killing!

LOL I know the feeling. I've got that farmer tan but at least they know I'm on the level......my big white bubble is in the middle.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Tbone, congratulations on the upcoming 30th. Have an enjoyable "just the two of Us" trip and treat your bride like the queen she is.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 9:29am
Thanks Hubert. I will!
irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 1:13pm
You guys were sneaking around in my neck of the woods.... I'm about 30 min North of Destin. Only a few AC in this area and other than a couple small farmers who use gleaner f and k models there is zero farming with any Allis for a several county area.
Hope you all had fun while you were down and have a safe trip home.
B,C,CA,(2)WC's,(4)WD's,(2) WD45'S, 45Diesel, (2)D12'S Series 2, D12 Hiclear,(2)D12 Series 3, HD3, D17NF (3)D17 Series 4 Diesels, M-100 Grader,8550,A few Lawn tractors lots of other AC stuff    
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 4:20pm
Craig, we were just scouting around this time to see what we could get into on the next trip. Wink Had quite an enjoyable trip, the wife already wants to go back. Saw my first turpentine still at St. Andrews State Park. It once belonged to the grandfather of a friend of who now lives near us, unfortunately she is still a Gator fan. Saw a 185 in a shed when we were crossing from hwy 79 over to hwy 231 and that was the only orange I saw, almost missed it. We left yesterday morning but still have not made it home, stopped over at our daughter's house to dog sit for the weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic