This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTH?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTH?
    Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 12:57am
my puter keeps freezing up cuz it says that "there's a delay for a long running script" on the Allis forum?
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:56am
I also have been getting a yellow bar that says I have another system slowing down my computer and in a box in thew corner says...."sending request to syndication.twitter .com   .... I don't do twitter.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:54am
Oh, it's worse than that guys, seems most of the page bottoms have been lost or stolen! gone zip MIA persona non grata

this is bigger than Russian collusion!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:06am
dang, so I'm NOT special ??!!!
metoo...
spent half the night trying this and that....
also ..
pressing ctrl-alt-del does NOT bring up the srceen for accessing task manager or shutdown !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:12am
Yep It's getting so a person don't even want to  look at anything.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:13am
I am going bye bye before this site locks my puter up again.  Confused
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:14am
quik mozilla Q&A says it might be the addition of something called 'sidebar'. That may have been added during an update. I run firefox 62.xx and just checked that I have NO options/extensions/etc... enabled 'sidebar' does not appear.
so far no dreaded yellow bar either  and I'm a slow typists so i'd expect it by now.
will check back several times today....
Jay

OK I got yellowed... pressed X it went away ( twice..) but mouse works
found another mozilla 'fix' will check again
also cleared the 'cache'...
becareful to NOT clear 'cookies' or you'll lose your bank login info(arrgh....)

jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:33am

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:30am
I 'spect they will get 'er fixed in due time. good things come to those who wait
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:53am
OK if you click on 'stop it' it does go away.....at least for awhile...

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:53am
I couldn't post on several other topics last night, telling me I didn't have subject or  permission or content ... I finally went to full reply and it worked once and then closed out and came back on and could not get ac back up, nor another site so I shut down and went back as far as I could to reset and when it came back up, then stuff seemed to work again.
 Will see how long it will last this time.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:00am
That didn't take long, got the yellow bar again...
 How can i seek out and destroy that ef'n "sending request to syndication.twitter .com" ?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:52pm
Think its workin, now, knocks on wood...Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:34pm
YEP... them DANG RUSSIANS  broke thru the fire wall last night ... trying to get the SECRET DATA on Allis Tractors.... Looks like Darren gave them the slip this morning.. Back to normal now.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:15pm
yeah but after wasting a day trying to learn W7 krap, I'd like to know WHAT got screwed up....

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:55am
Is it safe????????????????Cool Them Russions get the inner workings of the "secret Machine" hid over in Blair all figured out, so we can get down to serious shenanigans?????????

Next time Shameless you don't need to try and share your Russia girl friends with us,Ok.

Edited by Ray54 - 19 Sep 2018 at 11:58am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:25pm
I sent Darin a PM about that.  He hasn't even seen the PM yet, but the problem has gone away.  It's nothing to do with any or our browsers, it has to do with one of the advertisers on the forum.  One of THEIR ads is screwed up.....and WE gotta pay for it.
Today everything is working just fine,,,,,,,,,,,so far.  Ya all know about that dang Murphy guy though.....
STILL don't have the box that shows everyone who is on when you sign in though.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic