This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have any of Ya'll heard or tried,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have any of Ya'll heard or tried,,,,
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:08am
  www.duckduckgo.com as a search engine,,?? Rush has recommended this in light of all the recent findings on google using and "fixing" your personal information on the web. Wikipedia has a very informative article on it and it looks to be gaining ground because of the recent news bout their questionable tactics,,,,???
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:58am
Thanks desertjoe, I will try it out.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Mnfarmboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:12pm
Just loaded on my IPad and home computer yesterday, Rush has good advice.
Dave
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:14pm
[QUOTE=desertjoe]
  www.duckduckgo.com as a search engine,,?? Rush has recommended this in light of all the recent findings on google using and "fixing" your personal information on the web. Wikipedia has a very informative article on it and it looks to be gaining ground because of the recent news bout their questionable tactics,,,,???
[/QUOT
                  I have used that for past year or so. Much less AD crap.
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:48pm
 Chit,,Gordy,,,you been using it for a year,,,,,??  Dang,,I'm gonna have to talk with ole Rushbo,,,him giving me year old info,,,,,Wink
 Here I thought I was gonna be chittin in tall cotton,,,and,,,you done beenpicked all the rows,,,,,LOLLOL

Edited by desertjoe - 15 Sep 2018 at 7:49pm
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:35pm
SmileSmile

In July 2010, Weinberg started a DuckDuckGo community website (duck.co) to allow the public to report problems, discuss means of spreading the use of the search engine, request features, and discuss open sourcing the code.[29]

The next month, Union Square Ventures invested in DuckDuckGo. Union Square partner Brad Burnham stated, "We invested in DuckDuckGo because we became convinced that it was not only possible to change the basis of competition in search, it was time to do it."[30] In addition, Trisquel, Linux Mint, and the Midori web browser switched to use DuckDuckGo as their default search engine.[31]

We didn't invest in it because we thought it would beat Google. We invested in it because there is a need for a private search engine. We did it for the Internet anarchists, people that hang out on Reddit and Hacker News.

Fred Wilson, 2012 TechCrunch Disrupt Conference in New York[32]

By May 2012, the search engine was attracting 1.5 million searches a day
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 10:34am
 Hey Thanks Gordy,,,,I think I'm gonna give it a try. I don't like what I keep hearing in the news bout  google upper management's ideas on their customers information,,,,,,plus everybody knows who the principle owner is,,,,,,,,
  I'm thinkin I'm gonna try it.
Valkman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:02am
Been using it for years, I like it
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:26pm
I`ve been on it for 2 days with no problem,  I think it is faster than Google. 
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 6:48pm
I use to use one out of Canada, can't remember the name (as usual), but it was the cat's meow.  FASSSSST and gave results that were EXACTLY what you were searching for.  It got pulled and I sure miss it.

It was Vroosh.com
Maybe my memory isn't as bad as I think? LOL

Edited by Ted J - 16 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:04am
 I got a question for the computer gurus,,,,,
 If I load duckduckgo and "don't" delete google,,,will access to my info and ramblings still be available to google,,?? 
 Have any of the "new" transferees had any issues transfering all your info, contacts, favorites etc, ect,,,,,??? I'm gettin antsy bout everything you hear in the news and I don't do facebook or twitter eitherClap
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

I got a question for the computer gurus,,,,,
 If I load duckduckgo and "don't" delete google,,,will access to my info and ramblings still be available to google,,?? 
 Have any of the "new" transferees had any issues transfering all your info, contacts, favorites etc, ect,,,,,??? I'm gettin antsy bout everything you hear in the news and I don't do facebook or twitter eitherClap

Just need to change the search option in your browser.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:52am
 Not that I do anything unlawful or anything like that on the web,,,but I am gettin very concerned bout all the news comin out on what google has been doin all along. They are even reportin google executives were discussin influencing election results. A friend of mine told me Kim Komando had a great program last week bout this very thing,,,,gonna check it out,,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic